This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Little Chef and Travelodge
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:34:38 pm »

For those of you who clean any of the above just had a phone call from me old man that his local paper is saying they have gone into receivership.

Doug

S_RICHARDSON

Re: Little Chef and Travelodge
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 07:35:47 pm »
What's Recievership?

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 07:36:54 pm »
Gone bust, so if you owed money it will be hard getting it.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 07:40:00 pm »
O now I get it!!   :) 

Thanks!

Shaun R.

steveaqua

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 07:42:51 pm »
that was a close call then, nearly took on 20 of the travel lodges earlier this year but they didn't have the budgets to pay my fees, that was a close call then, if they did take me on i would probably have a poop load of cash gone down the pan!! >:( >:(

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 08:19:22 pm »
That's why we haven't been paid for the last 4 months!!!!!!!

I have just done an internet search and can find nothing on this one. They were sold earlier this year to DIC for 675m but nothing about going bust.

Alex

macleod

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 09:17:11 pm »
Travel Lodge havent gone bust its Little Chef that is up for sale and in trouble... cos it cant pay its rent to its landlords - and its landlords are Travel Lodge

macleod

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 09:18:57 pm »

steveaqua

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 10:05:42 pm »
oh well thats a shame, it kind of cheered me up when i thought they were bust! ;D

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 10:06:36 pm »
oh well thats a shame, it kind of cheered me up when i thought they were bust! ;D
;D ;D  me too!   ;D ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 10:24:24 am »
I'm curious to know why it would make you happy that somewhere somebody is going to lose money.

We had a pub close down on us in November - lost 30 quid - nothing in the scheme of things but there will be others that are owed a lot more than us whose livelihoods and home lives may be seriously affected.

Rob ???

Rob_Mac

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 10:25:48 am »
Alexg

We clean one of the Little Chef outlets, local to us and got paid for last months invoice

Rob

steveaqua

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 10:54:31 am »
I'm curious to know why it would make you happy that somewhere somebody is going to lose money.

We had a pub close down on us in November - lost 30 quid - nothing in the scheme of things but there will be others that are owed a lot more than us whose livelihoods and home lives may be seriously affected.

Rob ???
When you have someone requesting quotes, leading you up the garden path, wasting weeks and months of my time, wasting my money, touring round running round after people then i ain't gonna feel to happy with them am I? they are budget chain, no frills, no expense spared, a bunch of monkeys!! so yes i hope they go bust!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob_Mac

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 11:24:47 am »
Steve

I used to be very vocal about what I perceived to be people and organisations who messed me around.

I found that I spent a lot of my time angry and would voice my thoughts regularly.

I read on here about the failings of the Fed and formed an opinion about them that was mostly negative.

I spent 5 years screaming at my windscreen for slow drivers to get out of my way. I could go on.

The reality of negativity in your life is that it will only affect you and those that you come into contact with.

One day you may just need some one or something that is linked to the company that you have wished ill on.

I know need to be a member of the Fed and am joining - the use is not obvious but the necessity is there.

Somebody you speak to about Little Chef may be sitting in a room one day that you take a quote into and they may remember your negativity.

I am not perfect but I do my best to show a positive outlook and I strongly believe that what you put out you will get back.

If you display negativity you will get it back.

If you show a positive attitude at all times then you can never be caught out and people will notice that you are different.

I never want to show people how I feel, if I find myself in a negative situation, I go out of my way to accept that the doorway closed and I move on building positive allegiances.

I lost a contract to clean 85 HGVs twice per year, we had cleaned them succesfully for two years running.

I would go back and clean for the company tomorrow, its just business.

Rob ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 12:27:56 pm »
Article was in yesterday's Express and Star, have had a look at their website but they do not have this article on line.

Doug

steveaqua

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 03:58:41 pm »
Steve

I used to be very vocal about what I perceived to be people and organisations who messed me around.

I found that I spent a lot of my time angry and would voice my thoughts regularly.

I read on here about the failings of the Fed and formed an opinion about them that was mostly negative.

I spent 5 years screaming at my windscreen for slow drivers to get out of my way. I could go on.

The reality of negativity in your life is that it will only affect you and those that you come into contact with.

One day you may just need some one or something that is linked to the company that you have wished ill on.

I know need to be a member of the Fed and am joining - the use is not obvious but the necessity is there.

Somebody you speak to about Little Chef may be sitting in a room one day that you take a quote into and they may remember your negativity.

I am not perfect but I do my best to show a positive outlook and I strongly believe that what you put out you will get back.

If you display negativity you will get it back.

If you show a positive attitude at all times then you can never be caught out and people will notice that you are different.

I never want to show people how I feel, if I find myself in a negative situation, I go out of my way to accept that the doorway closed and I move on building positive allegiances.

I lost a contract to clean 85 HGVs twice per year, we had cleaned them succesfully for two years running.

I would go back and clean for the company tomorrow, its just business.

Rob ;D
I know business is business but you asked so i told, this is a forum of window cleaners for window cleaners, i don't b*tch and moan about it anywhere else, i've never even mentioned it before to anyone other than when this thread came up, just had a little outburst on this site, its what its here for ain't it.  peoples opinions and views, so if you ask my opinion i hope they go bust! ;D

its only the fat chef thats gone anyway as i read it in the bible today (the sun ;D)

bluesteve

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 05:50:22 pm »
whats the problem if they go bust and someone is happy about?
 the buisness who buys it will probaly keep it as a going concern anyway, all that real estate etc etc....
Obviously different matter if owed money.
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

bluesteve

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 05:54:33 pm »
be very surprised if they dont keep it,  but in a different name  i.e Scoobys.
Can you middle aged women and young girls taking up window cleaning i dont think so!
 What percentage would consider window cleaning or staying in catering?

bluesteve

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 05:55:06 pm »
be very surprised if they dont keep it,  but in a different name  i.e Scoobys.
Can you imagine middle aged women and young girls taking up window cleaning i dont think so!
 What percentage would consider window cleaning or staying in catering?