This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pipmoss

Ladder Mitts
« on: December 29, 2006, 08:42:14 am »
Hi all and a very Merry Xmas to you all.
I have a set of ladders where the tops are starting to leave marks on walls and window frames.Does anyone know of a set of ladder mitts that dont fit over the end of a ladder but somehow attach to side rail of ladder. I ask this because the extending part of my ladder runs on the inside of the bottom part of my ladder and therefore it would just push off standard laddder mitts.

I hope that this makes sense to someone

Thanks in advance

Paul Coleman

Re: Ladder Mitts
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 09:02:04 am »
Hi all and a very Merry Xmas to you all.
I have a set of ladders where the tops are starting to leave marks on walls and window frames.Does anyone know of a set of ladder mitts that dont fit over the end of a ladder but somehow attach to side rail of ladder. I ask this because the extending part of my ladder runs on the inside of the bottom part of my ladder and therefore it would just push off standard laddder mitts.

I hope that this makes sense to someone

Thanks in advance

I don't know of any mitts as you describe.  I just leave my ladder permanently open by one rung (or more).

KarlJones

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 03:23:54 pm »
Silly question for you all, but me being new and all...

Do mitts give the ladder more grip at the top, say when being used on UPVC sills?
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

bigw66

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 03:30:35 pm »
Hello what i do is tape a couple of old squeegee rubbers to the underside of the ladder with electrical tape  hope this helps. ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 04:01:48 pm »
Silly question for you all, but me being new and all...

Do mitts give the ladder more grip at the top, say when being used on UPVC sills?

Yes.  That's precisely why I bought them.  in fact, they give a better grip on all kinds of surfaces with the added bonus that they don't cause scuff marks.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:34:34 am »
When I was on ladders I would always use ladder mitts. Much safer.
It's a game of three halves!

mike richardson

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 06:22:36 pm »
used ladder mits for yrs till i saw a painter with sml pushchair wheels bolted to the top of the ladder, so i did the same its brill has the same grip as mits also lets u run ur ladders up the wall when extending them without marking walls paint etc, they even let you put ur ladder in the corner of windows with extra grip/ they are bolted through so that the wheels are on the inside of the ladder then u can retract ur ladder down as far as you like drill a 10mm hole through the top of each stile then put bolts through with nyloc nuts,mine are still goin after 5 yrs without a problem even on my triple aextension ladders which used to be a pain to extend,

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 09:36:37 am »
We use ladder mitts on all our ladders, they are much safer and I have had lots of comments from customers about them not damaging there sills and tiles etc.

pipmoss

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 10:53:20 am »
Thanks a lot Guys the pram wheels sound like a great idea to me. I will try this when the little un has grown up a bit.

Cheers

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »
Thanks a lot Guys the pram wheels sound like a great idea to me. I will try this when the little un has grown up a bit.

Cheers

No no !!.  You mustn't send children up the ladder  :)