This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jikwan

RO reading 000 any need for DI?
« on: December 28, 2006, 04:43:18 pm »
im in belper derbyshire
water seems to be different here RO reads 000
if it goes into di-still same reading
can there be a mistake somewhere?
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

Paul Coleman

Re: RO reading 000 any need for DI?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:58:43 pm »
im in belper derbyshire
water seems to be different here RO reads 000
if it goes into di-still same reading
can there be a mistake somewhere?

RO readings can easily be 000 if the membranes are newish.  Also, some ROs have a DI housing at the end (they can look like a pre-filter).  If that resin is fairly new it would be 000.
Of course it could be a mistake but the only way to tell for sure is by verfying the TDS meter by using a second TDS meter.

Allways Cleaning

Re: RO reading 000 any need for DI?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:48:14 pm »
hi what is your tap tds reading? i have around 275 put it through my ro and got 3 or 4 depending on water pressure and temperature.
that was when it was new however it has gone up bit by bit even when i reverse flush the unit. so you can either leave off the di side because you can wash at 3 to be quite honest, or push it through the di and the di will last for ages. do follow the manufactureres instructions. if you do not understand what there on about post a question on here or use the search function for answer. I take it you have a tds meter? to get the readings. so try different types of water tap, boiled water left to cool bottled water, and if you have any di water for car battery top ups. good luck its all good fun and really annoying sometimes keep with it..
regards
paul 8)