This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael D

LEASING VANS
« on: December 24, 2006, 08:12:12 pm »
Hi all,
         Would anyone know where i could lease a van from, or a whole wfs system, Has anyone gone down this road. Advice needed please.
                                                        Michael D

ned

Re: LEASING VANS
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 09:15:56 am »
sky poles and tuckers do the whole package

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 02:41:25 pm »
I got my van from www.vansdirect.co.uk, but made up my own system
It's a game of three halves!

neil100

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 03:07:51 pm »
What Van did you get Malc?

What Tank did you put in it?

Nel.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 03:14:01 pm »
Fiat Doblo 1.3 multijet diesel (model rated at 730kg)

But I've only put in my two existing tanks adding up to 300L. Starting from scratch I would have bought a 400L or possibly a 650L limited to filling to 550L.

neil100

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 03:25:31 pm »
My son bought the same van Malc with the 1.3 multijet engine.

He just as the basic model with no sliding doors. He bought his from a local dealer who reduced the cost price of the van and offered him a cracking price for his car. He got the same money part exchange then what he would of got private, The van was about £300 more then Vansdirect, But at least he didnot have to pay for an MOT and some work that needed doing on the car. So a Brill deal for him.

We have put in a 400ltr lay flat tank with a stainless steel frame made for him, Hose reel on top of the frame, He carrys a mini pole and a custom made 20' pole from gardiner ( 4 x 5'  ).

Merry xmas, got to go out for Xmas Dinner now.

Nel.

Majestic

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 04:30:08 pm »
Tucker pole systems do a complete van /system for about £88 per month( sorry per week )

bluesteve

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 08:56:28 am »
£88 a month,  it sounds a bit cheap. what do you get for that?
 cheers steve
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

ned

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 09:10:59 am »
£88 a week the only problem you can only do 10 ,000 miles a year and its not yours at the end of the term i looked in to it this year forgot if there was a balloon payment

macmac

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 10:27:42 am »
malc / neil
i'm looking a buying the same van, PLEASE could you give me your views on it? :)

Count Phil

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 10:49:31 am »
I got the doblo 1.3 and couldn't believe how much power it had. (it aint quick but for a 1.3 diesel it is awesome). I got the twin sliding doors and would recomend it to anyone. It is sooo comfy.

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 04:28:06 pm »
I lease vehicles for my other business and in general its cost effective but the advice I would give you is this on any vehicle lease.

When you start out it all looks rosey and you are keen to get your hands on a brand new vehicle for what seems like peanuts. What you don't tend to .do at that stage is read VERY VERY CAREFULLY the small print regarding what happens at the end of the lease period.
This is where the catches and the ifs and buts suddenly crop up. At the end of the period you don't want to find you are getting charged for lots of things that were never mentioned when you signed the agreement.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 09:52:59 pm »
malc / neil
i'm looking a buying the same van, PLEASE could you give me your views on it? :)

Ok - I went for the SX, sliding side doors and don't regret it. It won Van of the year for 2006. It's got a trip computer and my average (lots of short stop starts) is 41.5mpg - on a run it's 50mpg. I cannot fault it. It's got a 3yr 100,000 mile warranty.

I purposely chose the 1.3 non hi-cube version to keep the mvw to 2000kg. (the 1.9 is 2030kg) This means that it can go at car speeds whereas anything heavier is restricted to the following:-

Motorways - still 70mph
Non-motorway dual carriageways - 60 instead of 70mph
National speed limit (60mph roads) 50mph.

If it had been my only vehicle I would have gone for a scudo with 3 seats.

neil100

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 10:04:23 am »
malc / neil
i'm looking a buying the same van, PLEASE could you give me your views on it?

Its a cracking van,Its good to drive with great economy,Their is a lot of room in the van up front and the seats have an high seating position so you feel high up which gives good access for getting in and out,a godsend if your a little bit older like me,seats are very comftable as well.

The 1.3 engine makes a great wiirring noise as you go along and it does have a bit of ommph, its very quite as well. Take one for a test drive. See what you think.

My sons is the basic model with no sliding doors, its not an issue for him as he has no intention of being a trad w/cleaner, its just wfp for him. So he as no need to side door access, all of the fittings for his wfp tank are right at the back of the van next to the rear doors,even filling the tank is easy as the tank cap is near the back door as well.

I cannot recommened the van highly enough,if the gross carrying weight matches your needs BUY ONE.

Nel.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 11:02:09 am »
When I needed to replace my Courier last summer (too small) I spent a few days researching the internet - an hour or so each day, to get an idea of what was available an at what cost, and I also traipsed round the local dealers for comparison.

I finished up with an 04 Fiat Ducato with 34,000 miles (basic model short wheel base, but more than adequate for my needs) for just under £6,000 with no VAT.

Locally I would have paid £8.000 upwards plus VAT ;)

I cashed in a maxi-isa which was rubbish from the start - barely worth what I put into it four years ago, and paid cash.

Now I put away £65 a week which is less than I would have had to pay on HP or lease, and invest the money so in less than two years I'll have replaced the  money and earned interest on it ;D

My advice?

SHOP AROUND

Cheers,

Ian

macmac

Re: LEASING VANS New
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 03:04:34 pm »
thanks guys thats been very helpful :D

the cheapest i've seen is 6k +vat for the base model 1.3d and thats from vansdirect, but still got to fone a few people yet. ;)

tony