This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

one window I could never get to off my ladder
« on: December 24, 2006, 12:56:50 pm »
Customer was over the moon that I am now wfp as her posh friends have wf wc.
I did 4 high windows today I could never get to by ladder, so already my new wfp is making me extra money.

Then I realised I had one window to do were ladders were the only option. It was like having my new toys taken away.

supernova77

Re: one window I could never get to off my ladder
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 01:02:24 pm »
Hi,

Just have a quick question...

Why do you use a backpack but don't have it on your back? Wouldn't a trolley be better for you?

Andy

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 01:09:31 pm »
Hi Andy

I have all the gear for a van/Trailer mount, but it won't be set up until after christmas, and I don't feel the urge to walk around with the backpack on, it does have a grab handle, so I find it much easier just to pick it up and walk with it,  As you can see by the picture, if I fell over with that on my back I would be like a dying turtle stuck on its back ;D ;D

chrismroberts

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 01:18:54 pm »
Hi Jeff,

How much water does your backpack hold? Do you find one fill will do a whole house?

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 01:21:24 pm »
I'm still on first cleans and in the case of the  house in the picture the answer is no, but by the time I'm on the 2/3rd clean, then it will do the house in the picture with out filling up twice.

sorry forgot to mention it is 18Ltrs

chrismroberts

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 01:23:03 pm »
Oh right, do you keep a supply of spare water with you? Or do you have to return home?

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 01:30:20 pm »
I knew I was doing that one house and a large bungalow yesturday, so took 25ltr containers with me and a full backpack, and when I got home I had enough left to do my own windows. (christmas present to my boss  ;D)

Some guys carry six 25ltr containers with them in there cars and this can last them all day, depending on there work.
I shall use my trailer with a 250ltr tank, until funds allow a van.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 03:05:38 pm »
As you use a backpack why not a bit of both, a tank and some room for a couple of 25 litre containers or a tank with a drain off to fill them.

KarlJones

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 03:38:13 pm »
Where do you get them backpacks from?
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Jeff Brimble

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 05:12:13 pm »
As you use a backpack why not a bit of both, a tank and some room for a couple of 25 litre containers or a tank with a drain off to fill them.
Once I'm set up, the tank will be my main work horse, and the backpack will be for the akward ones or the ones I just want to do Quickly. I don't even know how far 250 ltrs will take me yet, all that to come next year.

JohnL

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 06:00:08 pm »
Well done jeff!

I use a backpack but pull it around on a trolley - brilliant! The downside is I have to take up to 8 25ltr containers out as some of my round is 25 - 30 miles away but it does work and works well.

There is a post somewhere here on my setup complete with a picture.

Happy Christmas.

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 06:23:06 pm »
Thanks John
I'm using the backpack for two reasons, the first is my home base system is not set up properly yet, the shed is only half cleaned out so once thats done the system will be set up at home and I will use the trailer with a 250 ltr tank.

The second reason was I just could not wait to try out my new toys I had for christmas ;D and the backpack offered me the chance to try my hand at wfp work.

what was your post called so I can look for it. or do you have the link?

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 09:22:22 pm »
Someone asked me if I did the roof window, you can just see to the right of the picture, to be very honest I never even seen it ::) until it was pointed out to me.
Does anyone on here recon I can reach it with a 24' pole?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 10:33:41 pm »
Judging only by the pic, yes you could reach it with the pole you are using as the lower roof is set further back from the front of the building you are using it on.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 02:47:03 pm »
Jeff1 - just a tip - I often fill my backpack to the absolute brim and if you grab the small bit of webbing between the two padded main back straps it will give up the ghost in time.

So grab the tops of both the main back straps together.

I never carry mine on my back unless it is approaching empty and I'm heading back to the van.
It's a game of three halves!

JohnL

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 05:48:46 pm »
jeff

this is the beast - from a previous post. gets me every-where.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25756.20#msg194521

I only have one round some way away, the rest being within 10 minutes of base so I can refill barrels when needed but I usually take 6 barrels round with me, which usually does the job.

The pole is an oldish 18ft Brodex with a gaz brush.

best wishes mate

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 11:23:19 pm »
Jeff1 - just a tip - I often fill my backpack to the absolute brim and if you grab the small bit of webbing between the two padded main back straps it will give up the ghost in time.

So grab the tops of both the main back straps together.

I never carry mine on my back unless it is approaching empty and I'm heading back to the van.
Cheers Malc, I'll take that tip on board and use both handles from now on.

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 11:25:35 pm »
jeff

this is the beast - from a previous post. gets me every-where.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25756.20#msg194521

I only have one round some way away, the rest being within 10 minutes of base so I can refill barrels when needed but I usually take 6 barrels round with me, which usually does the job.

The pole is an oldish 18ft Brodex with a gaz brush.

best wishes mate

JohnL
Thanks John, do you still use the same set up as you made and posted about?

JohnL

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 12:57:50 am »
jeff

Yep, I do and I've been doing both up and down windows since I started with it some months ago.

Some people here reckon putting a back pack on a trolley is not on but I dont see why not. Its much better than carrying 25 ltrs around all day.

I also use a 60 mtr micro-bore hose off it for the places which are difficult to get to and I dont have problems with pressure reaching up to the second floor.

I think it is a great piece of kit for its flexibility and its so economic.

johnL