This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaning co

Re: How much
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2006, 01:33:54 am »
i would go for about 60

seanmcshane

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2006, 08:06:03 am »
JM123- not far off for the GLASS but the paintwork is the backbreaker hence the price.
We are not having a laugh if that is what people are prepared to pay and so they should pay that. We are not slaves.

S.A.J

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 03:09:51 pm »
Just been told my dad has arranged to clean it for £100.  :o >:(

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 03:20:05 pm »
You lot really are having a laugh - £15 for the downstairs windows and double that for the roof £30, in total £45 MAX you're gonna get for that over here, seriously.  BTW, thats a 1.5hr job at most.
Got to agree, you wouldn't get more than £40-50 for that around here, or anywhere I doubt.

It's a couple of hours at the most.
No-one's going to pay £150-odd to have their conservatory cleaned. ::)
What is it? An £8-10 house normally?

Some people's pricing ideas are in dreamland.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 04:08:37 pm »
150 ere good half shift for two guys

Ian_Giles

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 04:12:57 pm »
Rog, With WFP it is a much easier job than if it were done trad, but even so that is a fair bit of work, and roof's like that are hard work.

If it were me I'd allow an 40 minutes for the conservatory and at least that for the roof, and considering the state it is in I'd price it somewhere around £70-£90.

I did a UPVC consvatory that was possibly twice that size (if you are reading this Rog, I'm talking about Mary's Conservatory in Netherend)
It was absolutely minging, as were all the house windows, the conservatory was covered in algae, cobwebs and spiders nests.
The entire job, including house windows (first time clean) took me 50 minutes.
It did not include the conservatory roof though.

The paintwork is dead ropey, so it won't come up perfect no matter how clean you get it...it'll almost certainly need re-painting.

At £90 I'd consider that a good earner and I'd be very surprised indeed if it took much longer than an hour and a half at the outside.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 05:34:39 pm »
Rog, With WFP it is a much easier job than if it were done trad, but even so that is a fair bit of work, and roof's like that are hard work.

If it were me I'd allow an 40 minutes for the conservatory and at least that for the roof, and considering the state it is in I'd price it somewhere around £70-£90.

I did a UPVC consvatory that was possibly twice that size (if you are reading this Rog, I'm talking about Mary's Conservatory in Netherend)
It was absolutely minging, as were all the house windows, the conservatory was covered in algae, cobwebs and spiders nests.
The entire job, including house windows (first time clean) took me 50 minutes.
It did not include the conservatory roof though.

The paintwork is dead ropey, so it won't come up perfect no matter how clean you get it...it'll almost certainly need re-painting.

At £90 I'd consider that a good earner and I'd be very surprised indeed if it took much longer than an hour and a half at the outside.

Ian
Yet for that 50 minutes you charged £30.
Why are you saying about 80 mins for up to £90?

It seems another case of people talking up their prices on the forum.
I reckon a lot of people on here exaggerate their prices to look big.

That's why I seem cheaper than some because I tell the truth.

Ian Fletcher

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 10:55:47 am »
I am going wrong some where I only charge £30 for con roofs
takes bout a hour is that ok what you think
oi mate you have missed a bit

Ian_Giles

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 11:21:29 am »

Yet for that 50 minutes you charged £30.
Why are you saying about 80 mins for up to £90?

It seems another case of people talking up their prices on the forum.
I reckon a lot of people on here exaggerate their prices to look big.

That's why I seem cheaper than some because I tell the truth.

I charged Mary £30 cos it was hopefully going to be a regular clean (£18) and so it has turned out to be.

If it was a one off I'd have charged far more.

Conservatory roof's are hard work, and they are only done once or twice a year at best, ergo the rate for them goes up.

If conservatory roof's were done every month then I would personally do the initial clean on them for less money, knowing that I'd have made it up after a couple of regular cleans.

And of course if you go and give too tight a price on a conservatory as bad as the one in the pictures, you are stuffed if it goes pear shaped and it turns into a nightmare clean.

You could of course go in with a variable price and charge the customer whatever it costs based on the time taken.

But will the customer like that?

It can pay dividends, but it means the price is open ended and just begging for the unscrupulous to rip the customer off by making the job take far longer than necessary.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

EasyClean

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 06:59:40 pm »
there is only approximately 32 pains of glass using my hot water power washer and [pole with the pressure turned down to about 400 psi and then rinse of with pure water the job could be done in under an hour so i would say about £70 you would never get £200 pound for that in my area .

Trevor what type of power washer do you use? Is it petrol or electric? I use hot water and a power washing pole with detergent tablets or TFR in a mixer bottle and always looking for a better method!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!