This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

2 man outfit in a transit van
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:53:53 pm »
Hi all,

I just upgraded my van to a transit but i'm still using my 250L lay flat tank :'(

I was thinking about getting a 650L upright tank with 2 outlets so that would give me an option at a later date to add another pump and hose reel for a two man opperation.

Does anyone else have that kind of set up in a transit or does anyone have any advice for me, like where to mount the tank and hose reels?

Cheers

steveaqua

Re: 2 man outfit in a transit van
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:30:08 pm »
I got a tranny, just split it after the DI into how ever many hose reels you want.

i have a 100 psi flojet running two reels and another one running the other reel (3 reels altogether) when i get the chance i will put another pump on the other reel as it does give better pressure. there all 100 meter microbore as well

JM123

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 06:41:25 pm »
Yeah, a y-splitter after the DI vessel (and before the pumps) is the best way to go.

Don't forget to fit a strainer to each pump.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 06:42:25 pm »
Hi all,

I just upgraded my van to a transit but i'm still using my 250L lay flat tank :'(

I was thinking about getting a 650L upright tank with 2 outlets so that would give me an option at a later date to add another pump and hose reel for a two man opperation.

Does anyone else have that kind of set up in a transit or does anyone have any advice for me, like where to mount the tank and hose reels?

Cheers

I've no advice about two man operations.  All I will say is that I have sometimes (not often) got through 650 litres in a day on my own.  Maybe you will need pumps that can be easily set to be economical with the water.

JM123

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 06:50:40 pm »
oh sorry just seen you said 650ltrs - why not go for the 900 D-shape??

We can supply a chassis for this cage (think we are the only ones in the UK to do a cage for this tank)

Ballymena N.I

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 07:02:13 pm »
Thanks guys,

You talk about splitting using a y connector. How does that work? What if one person has finished? Can they turn thier own one off? If they can I can only asume that the other pole user will have more pressure?

JM123,

How much for the D-shape? Any pics of one?

Matthew
Clear Vision

Trevor Knight

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 07:05:34 pm »
Hi all,

Cheers

My vehicles are 2 man operations. Hose at back 100m microbore, hose at side 60m tubiflex. Split after DI Resin cannister and powered by 2 x 95psi flojets.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Clear Vision

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 07:10:20 pm »
Thanks trevor.

I kind of know what you are all saying, but If I was to see some pics of someones 2 man set up that would help a lot.

Any pics guys?

H h20

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 07:18:45 pm »
Hi Matt,have a look here theres a few pics of different setups,Gaz
http://www.surecleansystems.com/gallery.htm

steveaqua

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 07:22:48 pm »
heres a diagram of how mine is set up, its a lot tidier and the pipes are all neat and tidy but just to illustrate thats why there all over the place in the diagram

neil100

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »
I have a Fiat Ducato, Simaler size to a tranny, Mine is set up for two, I have two separate pumps, One for each Hose reel and each reel has its own DI vessel.

I have an 800ltr tank, its an ideal size for two men, it justs hold enough for a full days work.
Nel.

JM123

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 10:05:18 pm »
Thanks guys,

You talk about splitting using a y connector. How does that work? What if one person has finished? Can they turn thier own one off? If they can I can only asume that the other pole user will have more pressure?

JM123,

How much for the D-shape? Any pics of one?

Matthew
Clear Vision

Hi Clearvision, I will e-mail you a couple of pics tomorrow along with prices.

Hope this helps.

Ballymena N.I

s woodliff

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 12:13:42 am »
can you email it to me as well ta jm123.

Clear Vision

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 05:27:52 pm »
Thanks for all your replys!

Some good pictures there and some food for thought.

Cheers all

JM123

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 06:30:54 pm »
I'll send you guys the pics as soon as I get my bluetooth working on the laptop

Ballymena N.I

Clear Vision

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 10:17:50 pm »
heres a diagram of how mine is set up, its a lot tidier and the pipes are all neat and tidy but just to illustrate thats why there all over the place in the diagram

Im a little baffled by your diagram ???

Should the pump not go before your di vessel? then the outlet of the di straight to the hose reel?

Maybe i'm wrong and if I am i'm sure someone will correct me ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 11:04:28 pm »
I'm not sure on the exact measurments of the 650L upright tank but from what I can gather it's about 500mm wide, which would mean there would be no room to mount 1 never mind 2 hose reels at the side loading door???

I dont want to put them at the back door because I dont like the idea of allways having to drag the hose 90 degrees when pulling it out, because lets face it, how many times do you reverse up to a customers house???

9/10 times I just pull up along side the house and pull the hose straight out.

Any ideas?

Here is a very rough and quick sketch of what I plan in my transit.

Mike Jones

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 11:09:18 pm »
 I would get a steel frame made up to go over the top of the tank and screw ply across the top then bolt the reels down to this.

Space at the back for watever else you use.

JM123

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 11:15:07 pm »
dimensions for the 650 upright are 1010mmx1250mmx575mm

Ballymena N.I

Clear Vision

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 11:23:50 pm »
thanks for the dimensions ;)

If its 575mm wide that means that the only option is to go with mike jones idea with bolting them to the top. The only problem with that is I dont like the angle the hose will come out of the van. I like it to come out lower down. ( just my preference)

I am in the process of welding in some steel beams across the width of the van and bolting some thick ply to that for a bulk head. I don't really fancy the idea of a cage around the tank. I will just use 4   5 ton ratchet strapsto secure