This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andy east sussex

idea
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:36:13 pm »
do u guys reacon its a good slogon to have on bac of van
"do your require a reliable window window cleaner if so give us a call" then put your starting prices on back of van with it im concidering doing that what do you guys reacon

andy east sussex

Re: idea
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:36:50 pm »
because my company name is reliable window cleaning

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 01:14:23 pm »
NO way on the prices, every house is different, and you do not want to put your hourly rate on there lol :)

Just some tips, just take em in, I'm not having a go, or trying to be harsh. :) ;) -->

I wouldn't put it on to be honest with you. If I were a customer I'd like to see a nice simple clean van, just with 2 or 3 signs on it. and I would decide on whether you'd be reliable or not. If I would be a customer I'd not care about having that on your van. Wouldn't mean anything to me.

Just the name of the company, (I would go for something sounding more professional then 'reliable window cleaning'.....that just is a bit meh, I dunno. Don't want to come over too harsh)

Maybe AES Window Cleaning hehe, (Andy east Sussex window cleaning)) Under that : 'Domestic and commercial window cleaning' Get a professional logo made, so it looks the business.

Telephone number, mobile and land line, + email

Another sign ; your area that you work in. That's it, nothing more. It would be too much. I've seen vans, also on here I'm afraid which are just way too much, if I see them, I just laugh. Looks amateuristic in my opinion, bit too pushy.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 02:06:46 pm »
As has been said i don't like the idea of having the prices on van because every house is different!!   ;)

Fast 1 *

Re: idea New
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 02:11:58 pm »
I also think keep it simple.I think the logo is a must.But i think all this is rather pointless if the van is a heap.A tidy van is a must.
Basically,as a printer told me its just three things
1.who you are
2.what you do
3.contact number
Any much more than that is over the top and tends to look tacky.
As regard to signwrighting,i think its worth paying a bit more and getting quality,as people and pertential customers will judge you by it.I have seen some vans and the wording is appalling.I know it probably sounds pretentious,but try and appear bigger than what you actually might be,this could get you more lucrative work.
wildstyles

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 03:03:29 pm »
then put your starting prices on back of van with it im concidering doing that what do you guys reacon

Andy,

I reckon it's a terrible thing to do.

Sorry, mate; don't do it.

macc

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 04:35:08 pm »
Hi Andy.

No way mate, you put a starting price of say £10.00, you turn up & quote £25.00, they aint going to be happy. Your going to be justifying the increase all the time.

Macc

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 04:59:21 pm »
then put your starting prices on back of van with it im concidering doing that what do you guys reacon

Andy,

I reckon it's a terrible thing to do.

Sorry, mate; don't do it.

You would have to change your van every year when you wanted price rises  ;D  .
Seriously though, I don't think it's a good idea either to put the prices on there.

russ_clark

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 05:10:09 pm »
Just the name of the company, (I would go for something sounding more professional then 'reliable window cleaning'.....that just is a bit meh, I dunno. Don't want to come over too harsh)

My van is about to be signwritten
with my trading name www.reliablewindowcleaner.co.uk
in the biggest letters possible.
it works for me ,its the 'we do exactly as it says on the tin' syndrome
some people think its cheesy ,well thats their opinion!
I have a great little business

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 05:23:16 pm »
1. AES Professional Window Cleaners (note the plural)
2. Phone no.

That's all folks!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 05:30:18 pm »
1. AES Professional Window Cleaners (note the plural)
2. Phone no.

That's all folks!

Agree.  Keep it simple.  If you try to be too clever it can create the opposite effect.

Does anyone remember that picture of a van here that had 'Ladderless window cleaning' emblasoned accross the side.

The funny thing is there were at least two sets of ladders strapped to the roof.

It looked stooopid!

RO-Sheen

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 05:36:24 pm »
Would you really want your competition knowing your pricing structure??? Dont put it on the van and keep them guessing!
Formerly known as GARGAAX