This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaning co

Re: Did my first wfp work yesterday for payment
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 01:57:25 pm »
hi do u use gg4 stuff with pure water fed poles?  would it not leave marks ?   what dos it do ?
gary

jeff1

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 05:03:33 pm »
Thanks guy's. I'll tell you what I'm going to do? I'm printing off this post and I am going to try all the tips, I feel there has got to be some good one's in there that will work for me.  Below I have posted some pictures of my second wfp Job, this one I did today. It normally takes me about an hour and half on my own, today not racing and going around to check it took me an hour, and it was so easy wfp has to be the dogs danglies ;D.
If you look at one of the back pictures you will see a balcony and I go into the house to do the balcony, it has a french door, leading to the bedroom and a single door that leads to the landing,also one side window you can see in the pic.
I put some pure water in my bucket and I only had my squeegie off with me, I added enough just to give the blade some glide, what a job excellent results in and out.

I was going to do before and after shots, but the pictures were not very good so just did after shots of the house. and yes it does have a granny anex built onto it.

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 05:06:29 pm »
This is the back of the one I did today

Bazzy1999

Re: Did my first wfp work yesterday for payment,second one today with pic's
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 08:00:49 pm »
jeff...what type of pole are you using?..

Bazz...

seanmcshane

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 08:14:29 pm »
Thats a Brodex 24ft?
That house cannot take an hour mate!!!
20 minutes maximum with pole, maybe stretch to 30 minutes.

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 08:23:45 pm »
I should have took pictures of the side as well, there is another conservatorie, and on the other side are six more windows, and don't forget this is a first clean and only my second Job with wfp.

The pole is a 24' but the label on the pole reads eco line cleaning systems. could well be a Brodex for all I know.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 08:31:11 pm »
Cheers for the info guys......

jeff..is that a Shurflo back pack? if so where did you get it and the pole.

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 08:35:55 pm »
Cheers for the info guys......

jeff..is that a Shurflo back pack? if so where did you get it and the pole.

Bazz...

Hi Bazz got it all from Andrew MaCann. pure freedom

Bazzy1999

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 08:50:56 pm »
Cheers jeff... i know his web site so ill have a look after xmas....
Im only asking coz im not sure what to get at the moment coz theres so much choice to choose from.
Im going for a van system and i want it to be all set up in the van and i dont want a holding tank as ive got no room for it so im unsure on what RO Unit to use.
I have a budget of around £2000.00

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 09:40:26 pm »
some things I can say, is you can ask loads of questions on here and you will get loads of answers, and some very good ones, but in the end you have to sit down and decide what you want to do and what way you want to do it.

Then you can email the suppliers and shop on the suppliers websites, but don't make a hasty decision and take your time. If your not going wfp until next year then start now, and ask the guy's as many questions as you can, and do your browsing of the sites now.  the very best of luck to you, if your anything like me you will be like a kid with a new toy. ;D

Bazzy1999

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 09:55:59 pm »
Thanks jeff..

I will be asking loads more questions over the the holiday period and i hope to make the right decision as ive been looking into this for over a year.
I dont know about you but ive never seen WFP in action so i dont realy know how good it is thats why i asked for a before and after pics.
Anyway have fun with your new toy and come february ish ill have fun too..

Cheers

Bazz...

JM123

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2006, 10:01:19 pm »
firstly the pole is not a Brodex, its a 24' Varitech Eco-line (budget pole) but a very, very good pole for the money - much better than the standard Exel Universal, its much lighter and cheaper and is fairly rigid.

As for having a budget of 2K - that is plenty to get you very nicely set up. Depending on what types of poles you opt for  there is no reason you couldn't have a 4040RO set-up in the van with a compliment of poles. 

E-mail me if you need any more info or advice.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

H h20

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 10:07:33 pm »
Bazz,PLEASE take note of what Jonny (jm123) is saying what he does`nt know about wfp isn`t worth knowing,i am upgrading my system next year and he will be helping me out,i have spoke to him many times on the phone and he is a very helpful guy,Gaz  ;)

macmac

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2006, 05:33:11 pm »
hi jeff
glad to see your getting on ok, but if i were you mate i'd leave any vents on windows well alone with wfp.its ok saying rinse, rinse, rinse but at that rate you'll soon run out of water.personaly, i never touch them, as i can't see you could ever get all the dirt out of them so ending up with the drips!! ;)

john tomkins

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2006, 07:06:30 pm »
macmac just to contradict you  :P

I'm saying why take the risk of leaving the vents to build up dirt when in the future you could just catch them with overspray and you will have dirt marks, I give them a going over in the same way as the top frame and so far no complaints, as long as you dont spray directly into them you wont have problems ;)

Bazzy1999

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2006, 08:33:06 pm »
Hi jeff

Thanks for the email  ;)

but my budget has gone up to £6000/£8000 so im looking into hot water WFP now.

Cheers

Bazz...

macmac

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2006, 09:37:01 pm »
hi john
with a proper brush and jets you will have no chance of catching the vents,you will also never over-spray if you have pencil jets (although it looks like jeff has an oval vikan so he may struggle) i also never clean the top frame (just the beading round the glass).jeff only has 250ltr tank, (i can use that much on one job!) so to me he doesn't want to be wasting water cleaning vents (or top frames for that matter), to me your asking for (totally un-nessesary) hassle.

there you go. ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2006, 11:23:51 pm »
Oval vikan for me too and to be honest I can't be that accurate especially with top windows and deep overhanging soffits/gutters, I can hardly see where the brush goes these dark dull days :o

jeff1

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2006, 08:31:07 am »
hi john
with a proper brush and jets you will have no chance of catching the vents,you will also never over-spray if you have pencil jets (although it looks like jeff has an oval vikan so he may struggle) i also never clean the top frame (just the beading round the glass).jeff only has 250ltr tank, (i can use that much on one job!) so to me he doesn't want to be wasting water cleaning vents (or top frames for that matter), to me your asking for (totally un-nessesary) hassle.

there you go. ;D
macmac
I do have the oval vikan brush with pencil Jets, I'm not worried about the amount of water I use, most of my Jobs are within 15 travel from home, so no problem refilling my tank.

I'm finding it difficult to see how you can't help but spray water into the vents (don't forget wfp, its all new to me) I do like to clean all the frame, in my mind it adds a finishing touch (so to speak) to the whole Job.

macmac

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2006, 11:28:26 am »
hi jeff
i've used oval vikans for nearly 3 years & always thought they were fine, i read a few posts with propole (i think) slagging them off & blarting on about how you must get the right tool for the job etc.etc. and i still thought "well they work fine for me" ( i'd never used anything else)
BUT- having got a facelift pole & brush, i have to say that i AGREE with him 110%!!! forget the pole, the brush alone is worth its weight in gold. i honestly can't beleive what a massive difference this has made to my work. i do a LOT of sash windows and always struggled to get into the corners and right up to the top of the bottom window (recessed), and did have problems with overspray etc.
i now see clearly what propole means, you have total accuracy with this brush, no overspray, gets right into any corner and to be honest just does a far, far better job as a whole. i get round my work loads faster, i couldn't be without it anymore. if you were to try a brush like this jeff you would see exactly what i mean, this is only a standard facelift brush too, i would think that these here Gaz brushes and the likes are probably better.
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
it's a good position your in being able to nip home to top up too.

regards

tony