This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macleod

HIGHEST
« on: December 20, 2006, 06:41:52 pm »
So whats the highest that you have cleaned windows?

and before any of you (squeaky et al) say cleaning your window on the plane to Spain, i mean real work!

today was my heighest - 12 floors up!! and I am actually scared of heights!

j.v. price ltd

Re: HIGHEST
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 06:48:57 pm »
72 meters that was about 20th floor.

On a training course in finland we went in a 100m hydraulic platform that was a real eye opener it seems so much higher when not against a building and doing work to take your mind of it.....

macleod

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
cool, i knew you would have gone the higest! grr

are you mainly commercial work? how many sales people?

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 06:57:47 pm »
i'm sure there is some of the london boys that have been a lot higher in cradles.

We are a family business that the old man started 37 years ago we only do commercial and industrial work.

I am the face of the company now and carry out all quotes and sales, have a great office team and opratives behind me though.

macleod

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 07:08:36 pm »
it seems like half of hemel have worked for you at sometime in their lives...

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 07:12:49 pm »
you a local lad then?

macleod

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 07:22:26 pm »
I have work over a large area. Hemel to Northampton, to Tamworth to warwick to bicester.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 07:25:52 pm »
good what sort of work you carry out and name of company.

We have at one time or another employed i think every window cleaner in hemel guess you know a few of them. we have two lads that have been with us for 25 years.

macleod

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 07:47:57 pm »
company is called MacLeod. just me and one other lad at the moment.

ducky

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 08:22:50 pm »
72m on a cherry picker.200ft on a cradle  :'(  scary stuff ;D
if it cleans we will clean it

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 08:43:09 pm »
I cleaned the windows mid-flight on The Challenger Space Shuttle.

It was a blast. ;D

Chris A

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:40:06 pm »
Who footed your ladder

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 09:44:35 pm »
I did the cockpit windows on Apollo13 so we could see the Moon's surface better.
It's a game of three halves!

billozz

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 10:57:30 pm »
I did the cockpit windows on Apollo13 so we could see the Moon's surface better.
bet it was you that caused the blast that nearly doooomed them all
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Pat Purcell

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 12:56:00 am »
490 ft abseiling in Boston
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 04:54:58 pm »
Can't remember the exact number of floors, but many years ago I worked for a firm called "A.F.Cheese & Sons Ltd."  We did only schools, all in the old ILEA (Inner London Education Authority).  Some of the colleges were b****y high and we did them by "bosun's chair" - a single seat suspended from a rope hanging off a pole sticking out over the parapet.  We had to rig it ourselves, so a two man team would work from a chair each.  This meant one man on the ground would haul the first chair up to the roof.  The man on the roof would climb down the rope, into the chair and then secure it so it couldn't slip down, and then climb back up to the roof.  The man on the ground then hauled up the second chair and the one on the roof climbed down into it and started work, swinging from side to side as far as he could and lowering himself down floor by floor till he reached the ground.  The man on the ground would go up to the roof and climb down into the first chair and start work as well, so both finished at roughly the same time, re-positioned the chairs and started all over again.

Climbing in and out of the chairs..................now that was scary :o

Cheers,

Ian

PS this was before WAHD ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 05:07:51 pm »
Can't remember the exact number of floors, but many years ago I worked for a firm called "A.F.Cheese & Sons Ltd."  We did only schools, all in the old ILEA (Inner London Education Authority).  Some of the colleges were b****y high and we did them by "bosun's chair" - a single seat suspended from a rope hanging off a pole sticking out over the parapet.  We had to rig it ourselves, so a two man team would work from a chair each.  This meant one man on the ground would haul the first chair up to the roof.  The man on the roof would climb down the rope, into the chair and then secure it so it couldn't slip down, and then climb back up to the roof.  The man on the ground then hauled up the second chair and the one on the roof climbed down into it and started work, swinging from side to side as far as he could and lowering himself down floor by floor till he reached the ground.  The man on the ground would go up to the roof and climb down into the first chair and start work as well, so both finished at roughly the same time, re-positioned the chairs and started all over again.

Climbing in and out of the chairs..................now that was scary :o

Cheers,

Ian

PS this was before WAHD ;D

So you didn't have an old matress on the ground just in case then?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 05:22:09 pm »
So you didn't have an old matress on the ground just in case then?

You mean just in case we fancied a lie down?  We should have been so lucky :P  We were all on price work, and the guvnor was so tight we had to grunt and groan all day because he used to sneak up on us and if we weren't making it seem we were working our nuts off, he would put the rates down >:(

Oh happy days :D

Cheers,

Ian

Trevor Knight

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 07:13:26 pm »
Cleaned the United Arab Emirates Bank in London, 35 Floors, not sure how high it was, all I know is the people below looked very small :D
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 07:33:16 pm »
Trevor,
"I live in a small house but my windows look out onto a very large world"  :)  Chinese proverb.