This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macleod

Gloves Help Please
« on: December 20, 2006, 06:13:58 pm »
what are the best gloves to buy - just to keep my hands warm & waterproof & hard wearing (gotta last at least 3 months!!) as I use a WFP... and what are the costs too!

I know this subject appears every year... sorry!

Ian_Giles

Re: Gloves Help Please
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 06:24:32 pm »
go for the Gloves that Omnipole have, very hard wearing, totally waterproof and fur lined to boot ;)
For trad work they can be clumsy, but I truly wouldn't be without them for WFP.

The Unger Neoprene are ok for trad, and I understand the sealskinz gloves are good too.

Last year Omnipole were charging somewhere around 20 quid for the gloves, and also supply an inner too.

Money well spent in my opinion ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

macleod

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 06:37:27 pm »

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 06:59:34 pm »
I have had the omnipole gloves for a few weeks now and i find they are the best gloves i have ever used.
The liners that come with them are rubbish as i can't get them on my hands but there not needed anyway as they are fur lined.

Paul

mick hay

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:22:26 pm »
I just got myself some seal skinz, very expensive at £37.50, but they are padded and reinforced where you need them for pole work!!

Got fed up last yr with buying 3 prs of the unger gloves as they just fell apart!

The seal skinz are the mountain biking technical gloves, i've been assured that they are very hard wearing!!

macleod

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 09:37:56 pm »
so whats the best?

1 onipole gloves with liners £23.00
2 Strauss artic winter glove £3.00
3 Sealskinz Waterproof Gloves £37.50

help!

brett walker

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 10:21:11 pm »
I have had the omnipole gloves for a few weeks now and i find they are the best gloves i have ever used.
The liners that come with them are rubbish as i can't get them on my hands but there not needed anyway as they are fur lined.

Paul

Hi Paul

what size gloves did you get

thanks

Brett

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 10:23:30 pm »
Hi Brett

I bought the XL and im glad i did as there just right.
And bl***y warm

Paul

brett walker

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 10:35:12 pm »
Hi Brett

I bought the XL and im glad i did as there just right.
And bl***y warm

Paul

thanks mate  8) ordering some tommorrow

brett

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 02:03:03 pm »
What's the best pair for trad then?  I could only manage a half day today as I just couldn't take it anymore.  Don't care about my toes, head etc, just can't handle freezing fingers!

Chris

C Senor

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 04:47:49 pm »
I had the 'frozen hands' on Tuesday - just couldn't feel them, had to go home - boo.

Went to Argos on Wednesday, bought some waterproof Neoprene 'angling gloves' £8.99. Just the job.

Worked today, even colder than Tuesday but no problems at all, its only the ladders that make my hands feel cold so i just get by with using them to do tops.

I don't know how long they'll last but they seem pretty good, they're pretty tight fitting so not too bulky and its no problem detailing at all.

The thumb and first finger have a little slot in them so you can bend them over to use your fingers when you need to - useful for getting the scraper out.

I've only used them for one day like i said, but for £8.99 i'd recommed them to anyone.

Carl   :o)

trevor perry

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 05:20:14 pm »
i wouldnt wear gloves when cleaning traditionally because your grip is hindered in my oppinion , and besides if you just bear the pain for the first hour your hands soon become warm.
 by the way nowhere near cold enough for gloves yet anyway.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

john tomkins

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 06:53:04 pm »
I had the 'frozen hands' on Tuesday - just couldn't feel them, had to go home - boo.

Went to Argos on Wednesday, bought some waterproof Neoprene 'angling gloves' £8.99. Just the job.

Worked today, even colder than Tuesday but no problems at all, its only the ladders that make my hands feel cold so i just get by with using them to do tops.

I don't know how long they'll last but they seem pretty good, they're pretty tight fitting so not too bulky and its no problem detailing at all.

The thumb and first finger have a little slot in them so you can bend them over to use your fingers when you need to - useful for getting the scraper out.

I've only used them for one day like i said, but for £8.99 i'd recommed them to anyone.

Carl   :o)

Tried these out a few weeks ago but only lasted me 2 weeks and they split badly, I know they state waterproof and neoprene but thats just the palm side, the backs just become soaking wet and go straight through to your hands.

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 12:04:31 pm »
Decided to wear wooly gloves and then put my thick rubber gloves over them.  It helped a bit, more importantly my index/detailing fingers weren't freezing so I could get the job done.  It might help even more if the wooly are more tightly woven and the thicker finger takes a bit of getting used to, but I'd rather this than wearing gloves and putting water inside them.  That doesn't appeal to me at all.

Chris

chrismroberts

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 09:24:59 pm »
Just bought some Sealskinz gloves, theyre brilliant! I had some of the unger neoprene ones but they just made my hands colder (think they were so tight they cut off circulation  :-\ ). The Sealskinz ones are brilliant, very warm but they give my hands free movement which is great for detailing!

Bazzy1999

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 09:38:24 pm »
Those ones from unger make my hands stink but i do have the sealskinz gloves too and they are brill..

Bazz...

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 09:50:18 pm »
all gloves are water proof until they get wet.

Count Phil

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 11:42:08 am »
I've had a few pairs of seal skinz. They have all leaked at the the part were the fingers join the hands. Eveyone has done this even when I bought a larger pair to avoid stretching. When you use them wfp, they get freezing because the surface is like cotton or someting and stays wet. Bin bin bin.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 02:21:17 pm »
snap, try glacier.