This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stoner

variastream problem
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:03:38 pm »
anyone experienced this problem with variastream.its been working fine untill today ,when the on off switch wouldnt turn on when in its usuall position. when i turn it up to a higher setting it works fine but im obviously using more water i would suspect that its worn in one place ,but dont know if theres a simple remedy

dai

Re: variastream problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 06:11:53 pm »
Don't understand this one. On mine you push the button in to turn it on or off.
This should function independantly of the flow setting.
If it switches on when you turn the dial up, does it switch off when you turn it back down again?
Give Martin a ring at Williamsons pumps. He should be able to help. Dai

stoner

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:17:37 pm »
yes when i turn it back to the position i normally use it ,it the red light comes on and cuts out . im thinking maybe wear or  bad connection ive checked there are no signs of damp ,so ive sprayed it with wd40 and am hoping itll get me through tomorrow ok then ill have time to investigate further,in the meantime anyone with any ideas would be appreciated

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:35:49 pm »
I have the varistream 2.5 as I believe there were problems with the switch on the mk2.

You could try spraying with a switch cleaner, available from Maplins, this cures squeeky,noisy and sticky switches. Thats if Williamsons can't help you.