This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

George P

leaded glass - wfp
« on: December 19, 2006, 11:45:51 am »
have done some leaded by wfp, but on a new customers (which has now been cleaned 5 times its still leaving spots as if it were a 1st clean. water is reading 0.00 so thats ok, any suggestions? thanks george

niceandclean

Re: leaded glass - wfp
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:57:22 am »
Ive had this before, i had to clean using a strong glass cleaner and scrubed them by hand, then used wfp pole, didnt have anymore problems. Took on a new customer a couple of months ago, same thing, used one of Gaz's stiff brushes and scrubed the glass well, came up a treat.

George P

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 08:32:27 pm »
thanks for that mate, will try stiffer brush on friday and hopefully will get good results, cheers george

EasyClean

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:28:56 pm »
The initial wash may require additional scrubbing & rinsing owing to dirty leaded strips. Once these are clean it's a doddle to maintain, just make sure you rinse thoroughly as the strips can trap little particles of dirt if you don't use sufficient water to pull the dirt down the glass!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

* mike RH

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:00:51 am »
I've quite a few leadred houses. I'm thinking of getting a pole sytstem. I imagine leaded windows would be a lot quicker with a pole system are they?

How about Georgian with wooden frames?

I've heard wooden frames keep dirt ingrained and so aren't very good to use with a pole.
Is that right?

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 11:10:26 am »
Ive got a few customers with leaded windows which I  clean with wfp. For the first clean they need a much intense clean because a lot of dirt gets caught in between the lead and glass.
I find the best way to clean them is to scrub diagonally each strip of lead and rinse well. When you've cleaned the last window go back and inspect them all starting with the 1st window you cleaned. Sometimes I need to re-do some windows but as long as you scrub and rinse well it will get easier the next time you come back.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Lee.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 11:51:04 am »
I have a house with georgian window frames. At first it was tough getting them clean but as long as I concentrate on the frames each time then they come up fine.
I charge £40 and takes me 1hr 30mins trad.
Did the Job today in an hour wfp.

I hope the jobs ok! ::)

The main thing is that I am not up a ladder!

regards
Lee