This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Central Window Cleaners

Safe ladder use (NOT)
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:21:10 pm »
found this service being advertised on ebay look at the pics of ladder work every one of them shows the over stretching and working of the top rungs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/domestic-commercial-window-cleaning-services_W0QQitemZ190063610038QQihZ009QQcategoryZ112579QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

D woods

Re: Safe ladder use (NOT)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 03:19:28 pm »
They are using some sort of ladder stabiliser at the top of the ladder. Still looks
doggy though.

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 03:34:55 pm »

The bit that always makes me laugh, (and it's not just in w/c adverts) is the "Free Estimates" bit!....I mean does anybody actually charge to do an estimate?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 03:39:34 pm »

The bit that always makes me laugh, (and it's not just in w/c adverts) is the "Free Estimates" bit!....I mean does anybody actually charge to do an estimate?

Well, if I would be a customer, then I'd have no idea if they would charge me or not to quote my house, I mean, they have to drive to me, costs time and petrol. It would make me think about having to pay for a quote, so if a WC puts 'free quotes' or whatever on it, that would help me as being a noob customer.

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 03:47:01 pm »

Well, if I would be a customer, then I'd have no idea if they would charge me or not to quote my house, I mean, they have to drive to me, costs time and petrol. It would make me think about having to pay for a quote, so if a WC puts 'free quotes' or whatever on it, that would help me as being a noob customer.

Yeah I take your point!

KarlJones

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 03:53:39 pm »
I have just bought it!!!

dvd-dawn, thats me :)

From reading the description I now own
"PRESSED 4 TIME CLEANING SOLUTIONS"

I am not sure how many customers they have though so maybe it was a bad deal.  When should I inform the DSS?

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 05:05:01 pm »
The bit that got me was where it says:

"Poles are never used.  That means much cleaner glass and no drips."  The no drips I could go along with (though they are only temporary) but I would take issue with the "cleaner glass" claim.
Good luck to the guy but he might find the H & S on his back one day.

poleman

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 05:08:04 pm »
Could be wrong, but this bloke comes on here! well if that's the case bit of a own goal wouldn't you say, there should be 3 points on contact when using a ladder - even my old gran can see that's not the case  ::)

Andy   

ducky

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 05:09:15 pm »
is that not jv price cherry picker ???
if it cleans we will clean it

JM123

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 05:10:23 pm »
yeah thats at least the same pic as taken from their website

www.jvprice.co.uk
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 05:50:14 pm »
The bit that got me was where it says:

"Poles are never used.  That means much cleaner glass and no drips."  The no drips I could go along with (though they are only temporary) but I would take issue with the "cleaner glass" claim.
Good luck to him.
That's what I tell people, because it's the truth.

That's why I get so much work from ex-wfp accounts. ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 05:59:21 pm »

Good luck to him.
That's what I tell people, because it's the truth.

That's why I get so much work from ex-wfp accounts. ;)

I have checked a fair bit of my work from the inside at times and sometimes it is true what he says.  However, most of the time I reckon my WFP work is cleaner than my trad work.  I am excluding the first clean or two though as sometimes it can take a while for WFP to get the detergent film off.
I say good luck to the guy as well Squeaks but I wouldn't fancy doing what he's doing on a ladder.

Mike_G

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 06:01:11 pm »
I wonder what this protective spray he uses is?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 06:06:20 pm »
I'd rather not have to bother with jobs like that, but if I did I wouldn't feel unsafe doing it.
I've done loads of jobs like that over the years, and I expect the rest of us have too.

Since wfp everyone's hypocritical and changed their opinion. ::)
Don't be such girls, he knows what he's doing.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 06:08:28 pm »
yeah thats at least the same pic as taken from their website

www.jvprice.co.uk

Im sure it says at the bottom of this website copyright...therfore the person on ebay must be infringing upon this by stealing the pictures to go on his listings...i maybe wrong?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 06:31:59 pm »
I'd rather not have to bother with jobs like that, but if I did I wouldn't feel unsafe doing it.
I've done loads of jobs like that over the years, and I expect the rest of us have too.

Since wfp everyone's hypocritical and changed their opinion. ::)
Don't be such girls, he knows what he's doing.

There were things I used to do on a ladder some years ago that I stopped doing.  Long before I switched to WFP, I used a telescopic pole with applicator/squeegee on the end.  This was after I had a couple of near misses that got me looking at other ways to clean certain windows.
So I suppose I became a girl a long time before I started on the WFP road.  Nope.  Just looked.  I'm definitely still male.   ;D

H h20

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 06:34:14 pm »
can somebody modify my last post i seem to have morphed it a bit  :-X,Gaz

Mike_G

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 06:39:36 pm »
Do it yourself Gaz     Press the modify button on the right hand side and away you go

H h20

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 06:46:44 pm »
Do it yourself Gaz     Press the modify button on the right hand side and away you go
I want to add just the pics but my pc won`t do it  ???,Gaz