This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jamesd

Frost Warning RO systems
« on: December 18, 2006, 01:12:40 pm »
Frost Warning

I have been out and about today and noticed some parts of the UK had a hard frost last night (the car said -3 at one point). This has prompted me to remind anyone that’s got a RO system and has their unit outside or in a unprotected location, it needs to be insulated or removed and relocated somewhere else.

Last year we had 40+ customers that damaged systems. Once frozen the pre-filters will be damaged and the membrane MUST be replaced, some units last year froze solid, and the water expanded so much the Filters chambers and membrane housing split!..

James form RO-MAN SUPPORT

HelpDesk@RO-MAN.COM

Jeff Brimble

Re: Frost Warning RO systems
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 01:35:06 pm »
Hi James thanks for the back up,glad your here.
Its when you get to DAYS of minus temps that you appreciate the insulating heating work you did last summer, that you get the benefit.
The pumps withstand the freezing but filters do not. So work in a once every 50 year possibility and sleep soundly.

poleman

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:48:30 pm »

Can you recommend something to insulate RO systems in Van apart from a heater as this is not possible for me  ???

Andy

Jamesd

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 02:01:19 pm »
HI

We have seen all sorts of ways to insulate the unit last year the main issues was  the units where not being used. I think Bubble wrap would be good and it will not get wet and hold the water. I'm sure there will be loads of suggestion here on forum.

HelpDesk@RO-MAN.COM

S.A.J

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 04:28:48 pm »
I just use a large duvet and cover the whole system and use foam tubing to cover any hoses that my be exposed.

Never had a problem with filters freezing in 5 years.

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd