This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

U.S. wfp USER

DIY hot water system
« on: December 18, 2006, 04:44:23 am »
Can it be done?

How?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

Alex Gardiner

Re: DIY hot water system
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:11:08 am »
Attach a gas fired portable water boiler post the tank and pre the pump.

Alex

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:09:04 pm »
Do you have a link to one of these units?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

EasyClean

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:12:21 pm »
A diesel heat exchanger i.e. 'Webasto' or 'Eberspacher' would be safer as the 'Hot Taps' Butane heaters are not reassuringly safe stored in a vehicle whist travelling between jobs and then there's the security issue of leaving it outside the vehicle whilst it's being used!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 03:05:45 pm »
So theoretically all you need to do is add a webasto and it will heat the water in the holding tank and then you pump it up the pole from there?

Sounds relatively inexpensive.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 08:32:30 pm »
It's a bit more complicated than it first appears. It is highly recommended that a qualified person fits the heat exchanger into your vehicle unless you are very technically minded and confident.  The best advice is to speak directly with a technical sales advisor who sells the Webasto or Eberspacher units for help.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 09:30:04 pm »
Right!

And I have, but Im looking for a simple breakdown.  You simply use the unit to heat water in a holding tank right?

Do you have one?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

premier window cleaners

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:07 pm »
how expensive is it to fit an webasto or eberspacher?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 10:35:07 pm »
not cheap enough IMO

edd

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 01:00:06 am »
IVE GOT ONE THERMO 90 S COST IS AROUND £1000.00 ITS AN EASY FIT IT
SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 4 HOURS TO FIT

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 01:27:41 pm »
V8edd

So how exactly does it work?

Does it heat the water while it is in your holding tank?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

poleman

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 03:04:06 pm »
Thanks for that Gary

I got your earlier message re: the tanks, subsequently I've earmarked the 250ltr upright (baffled) which will fit in almost exactly behind the bulkhead - between that and the boxing in cavity over the wheelarch (where al my pump up spayers etc are) ;D

Ive found an inline heater here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HeatMaster-Inline-Water-Heater-For-Any-Carpet-Cleaner_W0QQitemZ190049096506QQihZ009QQcategoryZ11702QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Its the cheapest Ive found, does anyone know of better deals?

Kev

edd

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 09:48:03 pm »
the water in the tank is pumped to the hose reel but first goes through a heater
sandwich plate which is heated by the burner the same thing that's in your boiler at home.The burner takes diesel from the vans tank heats the sandwich plate which then heats the water,mine can get to 140 deg far to hot to clean windows so i have fitted a thermostatic mixing valve between 30/50 degrees which i tested as not to break any more windows 35- 40 degrees is right for windows in my opinion and 50 degrees for conservatory roofs.In this weather we are using it at 30 degs
  Secondly the heated water is split 70% to the pole and 30% at 140 deg to the holding tank which is why it doesn't take more than a couple of hours to heat the tank up nicely.

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 12:23:35 am »
Sorry to be a pain. 

Does the heater heat the holding tank?  Or does it heat the water in line somehow?

Your responce confused me a bit.

Also I would love to talk to you via email about it and see some photos.

Thanks.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

s.hughes

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 08:49:46 am »
Whats the point in heating the water? It sounds like a lot of hassle to me. I think it would be more to the point to invent a blow drier on the end of you brush so that you could dry the glass once cleaned

Steve

Lee.

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 08:55:04 am »
Now there's a thought!

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 12:06:05 pm »
Van mounted carpet cleaner systems use hot water and a big tank of clean water to supply the cleaner. So in that respect they are very similar to a van mount window cleaning setup.
I can imagine it would be too difficult to adapt.

cleaning co

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 02:12:40 pm »
hi, this is how i am going to clean dirty conser next year
first going to clean with 24ft pressure pole with brush using my ninjas 400 psi pump and its v2 heater  and adding a chem called  byotrol  mould and algae control, next i am going to rince with a water fed pole with pure cold water using my 12volt pump  i be running the water through a cleantech ro unit and a di vessl
what u guys think of this?  can u see any thing wrong in this method ?    your thoughts be app
gary

cleaning co

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 04:29:50 pm »
must be good then !! lol

trevor perry

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 05:27:45 pm »
with this method you will need to use customers electricity to run ninja machine but apart from that will be much quicker , i use a diesel powered hot power washer with flow and pressure turned down so very simalar to what ninja would produce you can do conservatorys in no time.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt