This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kev Loomes

Heating water in tank - back of van
« on: December 16, 2006, 06:32:13 pm »
Whats the best way to heat water before it gets to a Mytee, whilst 'sited' in the back of the van? I know the Mytee's have 2 heat exchangers but stone cold water might not quite be enough.

So, I was thinking of using an immersion heater into the solution tank (so it can warm up a bit whilst on way to job) via an inverter, or alternatively running a heat exchanger to warm it up as it leaves the tank using the same inverter (or use the custys electric instead).

Any ideas?

*paul_moss

Re: Heating water in tank - back of van
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 07:20:09 pm »
Kev
I have a similar machine that has 2 inline heaters.Mine also can circulate the water on heat around the machine.
When arriing at the job, the first thing I do is set up the machne outside the customrs front door and 1/4 fill the tank with cold water and switch  both ilie heaters on circulation ( if your machine does not do this then just add a solution hose with open end back into the tank).
By the time I have vacced the carpet the water in the tank is very hot.I then fill it up to just over half full and then pre spray and agitate the carpet,by this time the tank watr is very hot again and if your only doing 1 or 2 carpts you hav enough water,if you are doing more carpets you can add more water whih will still be hot.
By doing this I can get the water to come out of the wand very hot ( very steamy) on the final extraction rinse.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

rs_cleancare

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 08:37:37 pm »
Kev let me know how you get on with the mytee as i have been ummming and arrring about getting one.
What i would be intersted in is the claim of the heat i run a v2 steamate at the mo and find i couldnt live without the heat now.

I have looked into heating water up in the tank on the van as i also do window cleaning and found it can be done but at a high price which is not worth it.
Also you have to think about that if your in an accident and the tank splits you don't get covered in scolding water!
I would recomend a bulk head in your van for the tank to sit up against and good steel bars securing the tank in place.

Rob.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 09:08:00 pm »
Paul
Thanks for the info. Although I really want to leave the whole thing in the van and use tanks. I know Gary (Cleaningco) uses this sort of setup, but I believe he puts hot water into his solution tank every morning. I'm trying to get round this pain in the arriss :P

Rob
I will post back next week after I have done carpets & UPH. I will try cold water and then hot in the tank. Luckilly I have a steel bulkhead which is what I wanted from new so everything is secure and locked away ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 10:13:34 pm »
an inverter off your van battery can't supply enough power to use a immersion element.

the only way to do it is to insulate your tank and fill it up with hot water from your home in a morning, with enough insulation it will stay hottish all day.

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

cleaning co

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 08:55:03 am »
kev, get uself a 250ltr tank from cleantech about 100 pounds
p.s paul y dont u fill with hot water at custys  ::)

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 04:36:16 pm »
Ay and watch your electric bill go sky high.  Just use an inline heater.

Mark

Kev Loomes

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 08:30:26 pm »
Thanks for that Gary

I got your earlier message re: the tanks, subsequently I've earmarked the 250ltr upright (baffled) which will fit in almost exactly behind the bulkhead - between that and the boxing in cavity over the wheelarch (where al my pump up spayers etc are) ;D

Ive found an inline heater here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HeatMaster-Inline-Water-Heater-For-Any-Carpet-Cleaner_W0QQitemZ190049096506QQihZ009QQcategoryZ11702QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Its the cheapest Ive found, does anyone know of better deals?

Kev

cleaning co

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 04:13:17 am »
yes that heater will do the job, dont know about the 90 second claim mind   a v2 3000w heater will take 3 mins to heater from cold !!

Kev Loomes

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 07:47:27 am »
Ere Gary

I dont suppose you've got any pics with your setup have you? It would give me ideas on the best way.

Cheers, Kev

cleaning co

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 11:54:28 am »
there is some on here somewere    , think u av to search the pics or something
gary

cleaning co

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 12:02:13 pm »
found them put in   truckmount porty pics     in search

Kev Loomes

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 03:49:35 pm »
Cheers Gary

Found them. Have you got any close ups though as they dont really show much?

Ta!

cleaning co

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 04:36:14 pm »
i take some tommorrw and email them to u kev