This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

U.S. wfp USER

Microbore Hose
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:16:03 pm »
What is so great about the microbore hose?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Microbore Hose
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 11:18:47 pm »
it's lighter, you can get more on the hose reel and it don't get so tangled up on objects, it's brill i use it all the time
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

macc

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 12:05:30 am »
it's lighter, you can get more on the hose reel and it don't get so tangled up on objects, it's brill i use it all the time

Its the biz,

Microbore = Kylie

Hose pipe = Cherie Blair

Macc

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 12:16:59 am »
Unfortunately its not available in the US.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

macc

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 12:40:39 am »
Unfortunately its not available in the US.

You could always get it sent over,

Macc

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 07:58:58 am »
It really is much better. Lower internal volume means less air to pump to clear air locks.
Where abouts in the US are you?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 12:01:07 pm »
A reel sent by surface mail, would not cost that much.

Microbore alone will save you about 1/2 hour a day on your work and save your back from too much strain. Life without it would not be worth living!!

Alex

Count Phil

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 03:13:36 pm »
Yep, just ditched the tricoflex for microbore. I can't believe the difference, it pulls around corners loads easier and doesn't seem top weigh anything

Mr. S

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 03:53:41 pm »
i use tricoflex, but is microbore kink resistant?
Also how about when you use it across roads, tricoflex keeps its shape, what about microbore, as i do use mine to go across quite a few roads?

Mr. S

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 03:55:18 pm »
SORRY ALSO FORGOT TO ASK DO YOU NEED TO TURN THE VARISTREAM UP A BIT WHEN USING MICROBORE

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 04:11:08 pm »
Hi Riverside,

Yes you probably will need to turn your Varistream up.

Microbore is more kink resistant than most other hoses and catches far less than any 1/2" hose will. It is also very tough (well the one we sell is!) you can quite happily let the heaviest of lorries drive over it with no real damage. (I had one lady do a wheel-spin hill start on a reel of mine). I am still using one of my original 60m reels and I have been using it for about 4 years now with no bursts or de-lamination between layers (a weakness of cheaper microbores), it does look a little battle worn but still performs bravely.

Alex

Mr. S

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 04:32:41 pm »
Cheers Alexg, i may well ring gardiner in the new year!

Ive often wondered whether it would b worth while the changeover, i didnt think microbore could withstand cars etc  going over it. this is whats stopped me, ive seen some and it didnt look very anti kink to me etc.

Sometimes i do get fed up lugging trocoflex hoses around so look forward to speaking new year

Regards and Merry Xmas Craig

steveaqua

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 04:36:35 pm »
it is far greater than regular 1/2 inch, saves a s**t load of time, reels in quicker and easier as well

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 04:42:56 pm »
I run mine with varistream and have 100m on the reel. I do sometimes find the flow is right on the edge of being inadequate sometimes and think I will reduce it to 80m after Xmas and carry the extra 20m loose. (I only use the full 100m on two jobs - a school and a block of flats) I think the weight saving and the higher flow rate will be better.
It's a game of three halves!

Mr. S

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 04:46:44 pm »
Has anybody used microbore and then reverted back to normal tricoflex etc?

macc

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 05:33:16 pm »

No way, i carried my tricoflex for 2 days in the van then took it out, i will never use that rubbish again. Microbore is a must.

Macc

steveaqua

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 06:27:24 pm »

No way, i carried my tricoflex for 2 days in the van then took it out, i will never use that rubbish again. Microbore is a must.

Macc
here here! ;D

I'm gonna put a pump on each reel though as at the mo i have a 100psi pump running two reels and a 100 psi running the other reel, having one pump per reel is a lot better pressure and quicker to work with in my opinion

EasyClean

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 10:13:29 pm »
Just personal preference as I prefer 'minibore' to 'microbore' as it's a happy medium between microbore and tricoflex!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 11:13:07 pm »
hi i use 8mm microbore which i guess is similar to minibore works fine for me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

craig jwc

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 09:13:41 pm »
I'm using 6mm & noticed Alex said you might have to turn your Varistream up.

I've been able to turn mine down slightly, that might be because i'm using 2mm jets & not 3mm.

I might be wrong about the jets making me able to do this.

Craig