This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

Windows Staying Cleaner
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:02:40 pm »
Customer today said her windows are staying cleaner longing, ive been cleaning her window now for 3 months using my WFP systems , if this is so , has any body got any ideas why

JM123

Re: Windows Staying Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 10:11:55 pm »
pure water doesn't leave a residue like squeegeeing does.  Squeegeeing leaves a microfilm of detergent/gg4/gg3/whatever on the glass, this acts like a magnet to dust particles, causing them to cling to the glass.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

petetaylor56

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:13:54 pm »
 :)i think it is because with the pure water dirt has nothing to stick to unlike the soap and water with trad methord were a film of soapy water remains someone  else may have a different idea :)
you beat me to it
today i be mostly wfp

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 10:42:07 pm »
Been WFP about 18 months now.

I've turned upto jobs & had to double check i should be there ;D

Frames will be dusty and if you look at the glass at an angle you will see the glass has a slight dusting over it. But straight on they shine like new.

Never had a problem with customers turning me away though even when they have mentioned it.

Craig

stephen d

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:43:53 pm »
soap attracts dirt-its the same principle as when you mark a carpet and you use a cloth with fairy or similar to clean the mark-that area will get dirtier alot quicker because of the soap residue attracting the dirt particles.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 08:34:23 am »
The main reason I have noticed, is that generally the frames are cleaner, usually rain will pull dirt across the frames onto the glass, cleaner frames mean less dirt draining onto the glass.

Alex

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 08:44:46 am »
Its a bit worrying just how long the windows do stay clean. I have been to many houses that frankly don't need another clean even after 8 weeks.

Thats why its so easy to do them after the initial clean is out of the way. A quick tickle and you are gone.