This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Problem marks on windows
« on: December 12, 2006, 07:30:16 pm »
I have a newish customer who has a big extension with big floor to ceiling sliding patio doors on two sides overlooking a terrace.In the summer there are hanging baskets on both sides of each door and tubs on the floor in front but quite close to the glass.
The gardeners have sprayed the baskets and the planters with something  last summer that has oversprayed onto the glass and it won't come off. It looks like crusty white crystals on a waxy base that has dried out but each spot has marked the glass. I fear it might have etched it.

I've tried vinegar,meths, white spirit and T-Cut with minimal sucess, It won't wash off and no amount of scrubbing makes any impression.

The gardeners were there today but were absolutely unhelpful " Wot me Guv? I don't know nuffin', we never sprayed them" etc etc .

Now I'm stuck but he's a good customer in terms of £££ and a nice bloke as well so I would like to find an answer.

Help please. What should I try next?

Jake

Re: Problem marks on windows
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 07:33:25 pm »
Might just be limescale deposits, if they have used a garden hose to water plants. If it is that, then use Cillit Bang, that'll clear it.
Exeter, Devon

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:07:33 pm »
Have you tried MDR with 000 grade wire wool that should shift it.

Paul

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:53:00 pm »
Same thing happened to me  Twas mineral deposites and cilit bang with scourer pad did the job nicely

Chris

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 06:42:25 pm »
Thanks for that ,I'll get some tomorrow.