This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaner Windows

not in the rain :(
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:23:58 pm »
had one of those days today where to many ppl came out while we had cleaned at least three of their windows and said "erm..not today thankyou, its raining!" or "it may rain again in a week so theres no point"
earnt about £60 in total but gave up and came home cos i'd had enough :(
dont you just hate days like this??
when I'm cleaning windows

S_RICHARDSON

Re: not in the rain :(
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:24:38 pm »
i despise them mate!!

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:36:45 pm »

can honestly say that 99% if not all my customers don't want and don't expect me to turn up in rain. But I won't tolerate "it might rain" merchants. Dry day...they get em done....rains tomorrow?....that's life!

Denis mate put your foot down on that one.

steveaqua

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »
i had a woman say last week, leave it and come back in February when the weathers better.

Cheap scate, like i ain't got christmas to go through as well as her!

so for the next three houses after i was thinking about how i'm gonna give her sh** when she asks me again in Feb to do her windows

I've had a few aggy customers in the last week or so, i had to cut my day short on Friday because of one, i was so wound up i thought if i go to another customers house and they pee me off there gonna get both barrels

stuff them, treat them the way they treat us!

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 04:08:48 pm »
erm..not today thankyou, its raining!

I can understand customers saying this and i agree with them.

Price the work right and rainy days can be a blessing just to get a day off.
We do other work on rainy days like inside's or gutter cleaning.
Or have the day off.

I have worked in the rain and to be honest i hate cleaning windows in the rain as i does not seem to me that the customers are not getting there moneys worth.

I know some won't agree saying clean in all weather.
We do just not outside windows when its raining.

Paul

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 04:42:13 pm »
i always work in the rain

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 04:49:38 pm »

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 05:16:37 pm »

tomo

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 05:20:59 pm »
when i got home i saw rain water had collected on top of the tarpoling of my ibc....i measured the tds and it was 002 good enough to clean windows with , which brings me to the age old" clean in the rain or not".

i went out last week and due to the combination of high wind and rain the windows's were not much cleaner after a few hrs. .... without the wind i believe you can still get a good finish even in the rain provided your sensible and it isn't lashing against the window....but imagine the possibilities if you could capture that rain water without it getting too contaminated  in this part of the world you could dispense with your ro all together we have had that much rain, now there' an idea.  if only

regards tomo

p.s the weather looks to be rubbish till next monday i don't much follow forecasts  but it does make  a grim outlook if you don't clean through the rain.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 05:23:43 pm »
I let as many customers know that i'm due for a customer cull. They dont refuse, even in wet.

dai

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 05:27:00 pm »
.but imagine the possibilities if you could capture that rain water without it getting too contaminated  in this part of the world you could dispense with your ro all together we.

I have measured it coming down the downspout at 7 ppm. There is no reason that you could not pump it straght through the DI

tomo

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 05:30:55 pm »
try it dai see how you get on ...i might follow ;D ;)

simon knight

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 05:32:38 pm »
I let as many customers know that i'm due for a customer cull. They dont refuse, even in wet.

Er....."Sunshine Cleaning?"  8) ;D

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 05:36:48 pm »
Yes I provide the sunshine !!!! ::)

simon knight

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 05:56:33 pm »

Yes I provide the sunshine !!!! ::)

;D ;D ;D

I don't work in rain...!!!!

I reason that yer average wage slave is paid to do ish 2000hr per year.

So as long as I put in roughly 6hrs a day on average (over the year) then I'm happy to work 12hr days in the height of summer and scale back in the crappy wet, short days winters....it averages out!

And still earning more than I was as a bank clerk....and far far far more less stressy and relaxed about life.

pjulk

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 05:57:30 pm »
Sunshine Cleaning said
Yes I provide the sunshine !!!!  ::)

But what about the cleaning  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 06:41:47 pm »
I think the answer is to make it clear when you start that this WFP ia better for a whole lot of reasons INCLUDING the fact that you can clean windows in the rain with it.

"Oh yes missus it works in the rain becuse it uses pure water and we don't have to dry the glass off afterwards......"

Anyway, Thats going to be my new years resolution (well one of them anyway). To give that speel to every new customer and try and get a lot tougher about this rain issue. I'm sure if you start the way you intend to carry on most customers won't question it.

The other new years resolution concerns the blonde who lives at no 35 but I can't tell you about that one

macc

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 06:48:28 pm »
I think the answer is to make it clear when you start that this WFP ia better for a whole lot of reasons INCLUDING the fact that you can clean windows in the rain with it.
 I'm sure if you start the way you intend to carry on most customers won't question it.

Its been a year now & my customers in general know as long as its not lashing it down i work & they are ok now. They are used to it now.  ;D

Most dont even care, so i get on wiyh it.

Macc

D woods

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 06:52:11 pm »
Hi Guys
What do you do if we get a week or two of really bad rain? If you don't work
how do you pay your mortgages and feed your families?

EasyClean

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 06:57:11 pm »
i had a woman say last week, leave it and come back in February when the weathers better.

Cheap scate, like i ain't got christmas to go through as well as her!

so for the next three houses after i was thinking about how i'm gonna give her sh** when she asks me again in Feb to do her windows

I've had a few aggy customers in the last week or so, i had to cut my day short on Friday because of one, i was so wound up i thought if i go to another customers house and they pee me off there gonna get both barrels

stuff them, treat them the way they treat us!

Put her price up and tell her it's a new price because she's not classed as a regular customer anymore so she can't keep her regular price, her fault for not being a loyal customer. fairs fair!!!!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!