This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Two tips I'd like to share.
« on: December 09, 2006, 03:40:04 pm »
1 : Stop using Unger rubber, and get Ettore rubber

2 : Stop using Fairy liquid and start using a professional substance. (Ettore Squeegee off, Glass Gleam 3 or Glass Gleam 4)

- After trying out Ettore rubber after using Unger for quite some time, I can only say : Dump Unger, Ettore rubber is SO much better, it really makes a huge difference. Minimal pressure on Ettore rubber, and with Unger I always used to get a film/tiny trails, no matter what the pressure or base distance was. Maybe it was the bulk 36" packet that was a bit rubbish, but then many many more packets would be like that.

- After using Fairy liquid for a long time, I tried using Squeegee off, the difference is again remarkable, Fairy liquid just doesn't shine the windows properly, the 'leave your windows sparkling' is very true, and quite a few customers commented how shiney/sparkling their windows looked. You can get Squeegee off at any B&Q, which is only a couple of quid, and you only need 4 teasp0ons a bucket! (8ltr)

Just two things that I've picked up since I've started.

Why don't you give Ettore a go? I did and I was really amazed with the difference! I just thought it was just a load of rubbish and it didn't matter much what rubber you use (and no I'm not an Ettore salesperson haha ;D )

You got nothing to lose anyway  :)

Window Cleaning Warehouse has free shipping atm, 10x 14" Rubber is £12.50

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk

bumper

Re: Two tips I'd like to share.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 03:46:05 pm »
ive tried Squeegee off none of the lads liked it coz it didnt soap up as good as fairy,plus the were puttig a half a gallon in the bucket and at that price i carnt aford it, fairy a lot cheaper only 85p.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 03:47:39 pm »
ive tried Squeegee off none of the lads liked it coz it didnt soap up as good as fairy,plus the were puttig a half a gallon in the bucket and at that price i carnt aford it, fairy a lot cheaper only 85p.

Do your guys look like your avatar? (just kidding!!)  ;D ;D

4 tablesp0ons gives a very good glide, and enough soap! Just gotta give your applicator a bit of a whirl in there.  :)

I do understand where your coming from, because it doesn't seem to 'stick' to the window as good as fairy liquid, but if that means just doing two panes at once instead of the whole frame, so be it. In my opinion it makes all the difference in the world. Fairy is and will always be dish washing liquid.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:55:19 pm »
Apparently,gg4 leaves the windows cleaner for longer.The thing is,how does that benefit the windowcleaner?
I prefer it when after four weeks,they might actually warrent being cleaned.
I use ettore rubbers,havent tried unger
wildstyles

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 04:12:10 pm »
I used to live in Blackpool-serious salt. The only blade that would come near it was Pulex. I am now rural and 2 monthly and again find that because of the extra dirt I still need Pulex. Even so yesterday after all the gales etc of the last week even the harder rubber was leaving salt/grit slide marks behind and I sometimes had to do 2 cleans.

paul mather

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 04:29:00 pm »
Just trying to help you lesser mortals. As WFPing has been so good to me I want to spread the gospel & drag you bunch of dinosaurs kicking & screaming in to the future. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 04:38:10 pm »
I have tried them all too. i tell you what is as good as gg3 and 4 b&q do there own version its great and cheaper.And its readilly available instead of having to order it on the net and wait. And if you dont get on with it at least you only spent £4.

Squeegy off is ok like fairy but you have to have a great rubber keeping it new nearlly all the time

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 04:48:10 pm »
Its just called b&q concentrated window cleaning solution its blue in colour . It probablly is gg4 but with b&q's label on it.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »
That's great, do you have any idea how much it costs? £4 you said, is that a litre or...? And what are your experiences with it? Already said a little a bout it I guess

Thanks!  :)

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 05:15:34 pm »
We have used ettore rubbers for about 6 montha now and seem alot better then unger!!
We also use ettore s/o and b&q liquid. Both seem good and both leave the windows looking great which is the main thing

simon knight

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
1. Stop using any type of rubber

2. Get yourself a WFP & join the 21st century ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paul. I'm sure that wfp is the best thing since sliced bread but it has it's limitations.

1. You need to be able to park outside the house.
2. If you're doing the back you need access to that as well.
3. Insides.....er!!
4. Mechanical failures/running out of "pure water"

I work and live in around Putney SW London and trad is the only option mainly cos there's zero parking to be had.

Seriously Guv I love the idea of wfp but in my neck of the woods I've never seen any wfp guys...they're all trad.

Mr. S

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 05:30:26 pm »
Tosh ive always gone back to fairy and vinegar!

Simon knight i totally understand where your coming from, although i use wfp upstairs about 3 days work is totally ladders and sqeegee.

Different tools for different jobs, ie access and areas.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 05:33:10 pm »
Tosh ive always gone back to fairy and vinegar!

To quote a window cleaner who was on 'The Weakest Link'...

'Vinegar is for your chips'.

matt

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 05:38:03 pm »
i use GG3 with pure water in the bucket (only because i have it here, i used to use GG4 in my hard water, just allways forgot to fill the barrel up , so now use pure water)

the window stay clean for that little bit longer which is good for me, as my turn-around is 6 weeks

i would NEVER go back to fairy

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 05:41:36 pm »
With regards to Unger liquid, gg3/gg4, squeegie off and the rest; don't you think we all go through a phase of trying different window cleaning detergents, and then once we're bored with that, we go back to good old Fairy 'green stuff'?

Ehrm, not for me I guess then, because you can actually see the difference yourself. One more pro is actually that fairy leaves holes in your skin and Squeegee off does not  ;D  ;D (I hope GG3 and GG4 are good as well in that regard)

Mr. S

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 05:46:22 pm »
 One more pro is actually that fairy leaves holes in your skin

GQC please elaborate

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 05:48:30 pm »
Sorry, it was sarcasm, my skin doesn't seem to like Fairy liquid, and every night I had to use hand cream because they were cracked and bleeding, I have it way less with squeegee off. :)

*my mother has the same problem, might be allergy? or just sensitive hands I guess.

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 05:49:23 pm »
All this, 'It makes the windows stay cleaner for longer', or, 'It leaves the windows shinier', just sounds like sales-speak to me.

How the hell do you know for definate that a product leaves the windows cleaner for longer without a controlled experiment?  And I'm sure a window being 'shinier' is just in the eye of the beholder, or what angle the sun is in the sky when they're looking!

This sort of stuff sounds like what 'dodgy' customers spout.

A clean window is a ruddy clean window and no-one can argue with one of those.

Some of you sound like an old woman!

Mr. S

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 05:51:18 pm »
speak 4 yourself tosh but i swear my vinegar works!! ;D ;D

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 05:56:23 pm »
speak 4 yourself tosh but i swear my vinegar works!! ;D ;D

I'll give it a bash.  How much and what sort of vinegar do you use?

Malt, red wine, white wine or balsamic?