This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Question for Martin B
« on: December 08, 2006, 09:06:15 pm »
If you are running a 60 psi Surflow pump with a Varistream, what pressure will the pump put out with the pressure switch dissabled? Dai

JM123

Re: Question for Martin B
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 12:15:24 am »
it will cut out at the pressure dictated by the internal variable resistor - oops sorry, I'm not Martin :)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

dai

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 06:52:07 pm »
Yes I know, I was thinking maximum with the Varistream on boost. Dai

MartinB

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:48 am »
Hello Dai

Varistreams are tested and set using the SHURflo 100psi pump.

If the pump pressure switch is disconnected on a 60psi pump (ie 60psi pressure switch setting), then the pump will pressurise up to the 100psi shut off pressure of the Varistream.

Increasing the shut off pressure (blue pot inside) will increase it up to maybe 130 psi or more, but you must be careful as this pressure will probably be higher than the pressure ratings on the connections on your stystem, and you might start blowing joints.

Hope this helps

Martin

dai

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 05:42:15 pm »
Thanks for that Martin, It's what I thought. So really the only difference between a 100psi pump, and a 60PSI pump is the pressure switch.
Once the switch has been dissabled to fit a Varistream, all Surflow pumps are the same regarding pressure. I Know pumps vary as far as litres a minute output goes, but There seems little point in Varistream users buying 100 PSI pumps. Dai

MartinB

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 09:17:34 am »
Hello Dai

The SHURflo 100psi pumps are have a higher spec. motor than standard 60 psi and are therefore better suited to the demands of WFP.

Also the materials used in the 60psi are specific for Agricultural Spraying duties.

Most important though, due to the quantities sold, the 100psi are actually cheaper.