This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

D woods

Re: Business People - Or just Window Cleaners?
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2006, 01:32:12 pm »
Hi Shammy
That's a vivid imagination you have there.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2006, 01:42:46 pm »
A lot of true points though.

JM123

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2006, 02:10:34 pm »
Shammy - you're taking £180 off some guy for cleaning his windows AND you want a cup of tea - seriously mate, I wouldn't care about a cup of tea - we hardly ever get offered a cuppa, maybe happens once a month.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

marc al

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2006, 02:24:26 pm »
  Shammy

You sure about the gimp mask, I think blokes that have all the power tend to be the big babbies when they get home, the big nappies and bottles.

I think my old boss used to!!

Marc 

matt

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2006, 02:25:09 pm »
how many cups off tea do u get offered at a high end clients
exsatly they have lost touch with there human side
i did one thursday there he had just bought anouther factory worth millions ,and said to me i will have a few glasses of champagne tonight ......
this house to put you in the picture is £180 pounds a clean
he was floating round all day with a guy that came from l,pool from the hsbc bank,,,
did the prick offer any of us a cuppa
this really pes me off
i dont care how big i get but if any worker does work in my house they get fed and a cuppa tea even if the maid has to make it ,,, its one of my pet hates
probably would sit up that night  in front of the painted potrate of him self in his suspenders and gimp mask
while his kids are at boarding school and wife in there villa in portugal getting one from a butler
there he is sharing his moment of glory by him self not with his family but instead rubbing baby oil all over him self in front of the mirror
i will stick with my feet firmly planted thank you

good post, im happy with my lot and dont need to change much

Paul Coleman

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2006, 04:11:10 pm »
Mmmm.....
Anyone who is self employed is a businessman, who a good a one is another matter entirely!
Of the local window cleaners that i know of, Roy Harding is to me what a successful business man is all about.
He is efficient, his books are always up to date, and he's up for early retirement in a few years.
Roy understands the 'business' side of things, he is also very professional in the way he conducts himself, he is a good window cleaner, and plainly a good salesman (you should see some of the accounts he has :'()

He understands the difference between turnover and income.

I envy Roy and admire him too, I could never be as efficient and organised as he is, don't get me wrong, I'm very good at what I do, but my book keeping is appalling :o

I'll never be able to retire early, my pension is next to useless, I'll have to work till I droop unfortunately :'(

Most window cleaners treat their turnover as their income....I'll bet very, very few of you work off a business bank account, and have an income paid into your personal bank account...
Where window cleaning is concerned, were you a business man, you would do so...and no...I don't either :-\...sigh :-[

Ian

Ian.
I'm still trying to work out if that was a Freudian slip in your post or if that's what you meant to write   ;D

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2006, 04:12:21 pm »
better a cuppa than having to hold his baby oil lol  ;D ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2006, 04:47:53 pm »
better a cuppa than having to hold his baby oil lol  ;D ;D ;D

I'm still trying to work out what's so wrong with baby oil   ;D
I'm so narcissistic, I even reply to my own posts.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 09:43:13 am »
Definately a business!!

Oh and Rog, cheers for the generalisation about suits, I wear one to work!!

What does it matter how you percieve your self as long as whatever you are doing keeps you in pocket and happy?

There are do'ers, there are dreamers, there are employers, there are employees, we are all the same people we just have different takes on what we what out of life.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2006, 10:39:20 am »
When I first started out I was a 1 man operation, now I employ my son and next week we are putting another van on the road and employing a fulltime canvasser/window cleaner.
I consider myself to not only being a window cleaner but also a business man.
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Ian_Giles

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »
Mmmm.....
Anyone who is self employed is a businessman, who a good a one is another matter entirely!
Of the local window cleaners that i know of, Roy Harding is to me what a successful business man is all about.
He is efficient, his books are always up to date, and he's up for early retirement in a few years.
Roy understands the 'business' side of things, he is also very professional in the way he conducts himself, he is a good window cleaner, and plainly a good salesman (you should see some of the accounts he has :'()

He understands the difference between turnover and income.

I envy Roy and admire him too, I could never be as efficient and organised as he is, don't get me wrong, I'm very good at what I do, but my book keeping is appalling :o

I'll never be able to retire early, my pension is next to useless, I'll have to work till I droop unfortunately :'(

Most window cleaners treat their turnover as their income....I'll bet very, very few of you work off a business bank account, and have an income paid into your personal bank account...
Where window cleaning is concerned, were you a business man, you would do so...and no...I don't either :-\...sigh :-[

Ian

Ian.
I'm still trying to work out if that was a Freudian slip in your post or if that's what you meant to write   ;D

Shiner, to begin with it was a typo....but I thought it more apt than 'drop'!

With my domestic stuff, there are just a couple who'll make me a cuppa, In a one of the pubs I do I often get offered a drink, and in a couple of the offices I do, one or two of the secretaries often makes me a cuppa too..
But there aren't that many, and If they all offered cups of tea or coffee you'd never get any work done!!

Being a good business man does not mean being some fish-eyed, hardnosed son-of-B.
It means understanding your job, it's market, knowing and identifying your personal strengths and weaknesses.
People skills are vital, and a good business man will be right up on the fiscal side of his business.
And so on and so on, most of us simply go out, do our job, collect the money, pay it in the bank to pay the bills with and deal with things as and when they crop up.
We do ok, its a pretty simple setup being a window cleaner if you are a one man band isn't it.
But the sky is the limit if you have what it takes...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES