This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr. S

egg on windows
« on: December 07, 2006, 08:02:27 pm »
Just wondered if any of you charge extra for egg on windows?

Up till now i haven't apart from a couple where i knocked and said it would cost a couple of quid extra. Those customers were ok, they were happy and i was happy.

However this one particular house the other day i wfp upstairs and then had egg on a widow downstairs about 5ft wide x 3ft high, double opening window one above the other. I did knock before i started but no answer. Its one of those houses with new and whenever i clean spotless frames, this time covered with egg.

??? ??? ???It took ages as i decided to go ahead, but do i charge extra or not, i didnt try my wfp as i hadnt used it on egg yet!? ??? ??? ???

(I have since used wfp on egged upstairs window and looked v good when i inspected it)

PS i havent got terms and conditions but am considering next year

edd

Re: egg on windows
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 08:29:28 pm »
www.smarter-world.co.uk/viewproductdetail.asp?id=118&Group=11
put this on leave a few minutes then wash away with wfp bingo!!
it does the work so you don't have to.Took ages my arse a couple mins
more like lol?? :D ::)

petetaylor56

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 09:11:30 pm »
 :)i do them same price if regular customer :)
today i be mostly wfp

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 09:17:49 pm »
I do for the same price for my regulars, did one customer's windows and the next day she phoned to say the young lad next door had egged her windows, and she would give the bill to his mother, went out and charged her £20 for cleaning two windows the only reason for this was
1. she was billing next door.
2. It was a call out and out of my way.
3.she did get her money back.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 09:18:08 pm »
I agree with petetaylor56
if its a regular customer keep it the same price but if the eggs are regular have a re-think..

Bazz..

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 10:55:27 pm »
Just wondered if any of you charge extra for egg on windows?

Up till now i haven't apart from a couple where i knocked and said it would cost a couple of quid extra. Those customers were ok, they were happy and i was happy.

However this one particular house the other day i wfp upstairs and then had egg on a widow downstairs about 5ft wide x 3ft high, double opening window one above the other. I did knock before i started but no answer. Its one of those houses with new and whenever i clean spotless frames, this time covered with egg.

??? ??? ???It took ages as i decided to go ahead, but do i charge extra or not, i didnt try my wfp as i hadnt used it on egg yet!? ??? ??? ???

(I have since used wfp on egged upstairs window and looked v good when i inspected it)

PS i havent got terms and conditions but am considering next year

Nope.  I don't charge a single extra penny for putting egg on their windows.

newpy

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 12:19:48 pm »
Recently cleaned an atrium on a college that had been egged. Did the whole job with wfp no problem, took a bit of scrubbing, before i started the job i explained that i could not guarantee that i could remove the egg. One hour later and £150 in the hand it was all done with the egg removed! Although if it was summer and baked on, i reckon i would have been there for a week!!!!
So sometimes the rain and miserable weather does help us!!!

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 10:14:38 pm »
done a few egg windows. x2 the price :)

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 07:45:40 pm »
same price if reg.x2 if one off or new.