This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveaqua

do you ever wish that sometimes you don't wake up
« on: December 05, 2006, 05:13:57 pm »
I have had a day to day like no other! ...do you ever wish that you had never even got out of bed!

1) got to my van this morning and where the water was suppose to be filling up all night the hozelock must of popped of my filters sometime in the night as i only had around 550 litres of water! never happened before and the hozelock is fine and not worn

2) get to my first customers house and pull onto a grass verge without thinking, been parking there all summer as soon as i pulled on i thought ...s**t, stuck the baby in reverse and the wheels we just spinning deeper and deeper into the mud

3) wait 2 hours for nice brother to come and pull me out with a towrope and off we go again, pull upto next customers house and it absolotly buckets down for around 30 minutes! wait for that to stop

4) Pull hoses and pole out the van only to find i have no pressure, muck about for nearon 30 minutes and decide to comeon home for further investigation only to find that one of my elbow joints coming out of mi DI vessel is  leaking air hence no pressure!

5) What a day i've earned 18 quid, covered in mud from getting the van out and earned a cold in the process...one good thing i guess is that i only have to fill up half a tank tonight, i guess theres always tommorrow >:( :( ::) :) :D ;D

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: do you ever wish that sometimes you don't wake up
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 05:38:37 pm »
as monty phython would say... or rather sing
"always look on the bright side of life.......da dada....da..da..da...da...dada
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 05:42:25 pm »
I love reading about other people's bad days.  It makes me feel good.  I've had a few cathartic whines here. ;D

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 05:46:03 pm »
I totally agree with Tosh reading about other w/c bad days makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside as I then realise that it is all so very normal  ;)

Cheers
Dave.

steveaqua

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 05:51:09 pm »
hopefully i earn i s**t load orf cash tomorrow that will cheer me up ;D

Its just funny how it all seems to happen at the same time!

I don't know how i survived before i found this forum, there was no where to get things off your chest!

JM123

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 06:00:57 pm »
hehehe!!

Steve seriously, my worst 'work' day was a lot worse than that

1 - someone emptied my 1000ltr IBC so no water

2 - the 300ltrs or so of emergency water I kept in barrels was reading 4ppm - ok ok, I can live with that (no secondary DI at the time), went to empty it into the trailer tank - couldn't get lid off (frozen), another 30mins wasted.

3 - got about 100yards down the road and could feel a rumbling (strange as I had already had breakfast), nice, someone had slashed back left tyre.

4 - got tyre changed (cost me £65) all's well now I thought.  Nope, 17yr old idiot hit the side of the trailer just after lunch, smashing the tank.

Some days are better spent sleeping.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

steveaqua

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 06:09:01 pm »
i just can't belive how these days snowball, i had a real cracking day Monday, got loads of work done and thought i was in for an easy end of the week, then all this happens today, its never just one thing tho, always ends up having a mass of things happen at one time one after another

JM123

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 06:11:52 pm »
yeah but look on the plus side - its only one day lost, better than losing half a week cuz of little niggly things.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

steveaqua

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 06:12:35 pm »
lets hope so ;)