This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trevor Knight

Advertising the right way??
« on: December 05, 2006, 12:30:32 pm »
http://www.goldhold-cleaning.co.uk/cleaning.htm

Is that really the way to portray your window cleaning services?

Just a thought?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Johnboyfree

Re: Advertising the right way??
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 12:42:20 pm »
I thought it was ok.till I saw the window cleaner :o
going by the ladder he is not close to the floor though he could be soon,there is no thought of H&S.
We have all done what hes doing but NO WAY would I advertise it on a web site........

ducky

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 01:11:25 pm »
looks like the ladder is on the tiles.i use my 3 teir pole for this type of window.deppending on the hight.ther must be some one holding it.wfp it would take to secounds :)
if it cleans we will clean it

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 02:25:25 pm »
This a photo from a company's website who claim to be South Wales's biggest window cleaning company:

and an except from the same site:

Did you know that ladders are possibly the most dangerous equipment used by the inexperienced? I am sure you appreciate the rising number of people who have accidents at work and are now receiving legal representation to claim compensation on a no win no fee basis. "WHAT A WORRY!" Let us take away that worry firstly in training employees to climb ladders safely;

The ladders look like they're at the wrong angle.

The operative is possibly over-reaching.

The operative hasn't got one hand on the ladder.

I can't see a bucket on a belt, so the guy probably climbed the ladder with the tools in his hands (I've seen this company do this on more than one occassion).

I think he also could do with a shave.

I also think it's stopped raining here! ;D

Wozza

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 07:37:31 pm »
I took a look at the site under window cleaning and was shocked at the ladder situation.

I am glad I don't work for that company or have ever had on the job training from them.

Wow the word dodgy comes to mind. HSE could make a few pounds out of them!

People like this just give the industry a bad image with silly camera shots like that.

Wozza