This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Just a quick whine about the weather...
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:13:33 pm »
Is it ever going to stop raining?

If I need to work in the rain I will, but it's not much fun is it? 

All it seems to have done for the past month is rain; and rain some more; at least that's what it's been like in South East Wales.

I'm so far behind on my work, even though I've missed chunks of it out and I'm still over a week behind and the weather forecast doesn't predict any sunshine either! 

For some of my standing order customers, I've had to clean their windows and then PAY THEM!  That felt strange, but I'd received two payments into my bank for the price of one clean.  So they were owed.

I prefered last winter when it was ruddy cold rather than this miserable wet weather.

How're you getting on with it?

Johnboyfree

Re: Just a quick whine about the weather...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 05:17:29 pm »
Hiya Tosh,Im site work at the moment,shorts and tee shirt with boots and hard hat today 8) 8),it was like a spring day,then at 12 it missed it down,weve had so much rain we still have a drought order,where the **** does it all go? ???

tomo

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 05:19:27 pm »
Tosh i worked through it today your right it's not much fun ;D but with a baby coming in two weeks i got to keep the money rolling in ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »
but with a baby coming in two weeks ...

14 days exactly to the 18 December, according to my calendar.  Good luck to your Missis and if you need any jobs covering, give me a shout.

Ruddy weather though.  I must've been soaked - dried out - then soaked again at least three times today.

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 05:26:25 pm »
Hiya Tosh, I'm roughly 80 cleans behind as I refuse to work in rain. So 10-12 days work to catch up on. Now starting to get the "really need 'em done for Xmas" brigade crawling out of the woodwork....where've they been all bloody year?

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 07:32:17 pm »
Its the same every year and yet each year it seems to catch us all out. Theres no way to beat the weather so the only way to get on top is to operate a split system where some of your customers go on every other time during the winter months.

Quite a few are all too happy to do it as long as they know you are being straight with them. Also, it means you can run a bigger book overall ( if thats what you want ) and put in the extra hours in the light summer evenings and boost your earnings.

matt

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 08:11:43 pm »
its rained most of the day here, i did a few hours, i had a late start  ::) then had to stop at 2

im upto date though, the first time in 18 months, im hitting the 6 week mark, i dont know why though

dai

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 09:55:36 pm »
It's not just the weather, It gets dark so early Too. For the first time in weeks I failed to hit 3 figures today. I do work in the rain too, unless it's hissing down.
We have had a few days lately that I could'nt have done the job trad, because of the wind strengh. It was howling today too. Dai

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 10:54:42 pm »
I have been constantly 2 weeks behind for about 6 weeks now.
And it don't look good for the rest of the week.

Luckily i have some inside work and some gutter jobs need doing so still be earning.

Paul

rugby

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 01:25:20 am »
way behind and sick of bloody rain,and sick of customers comments ie, but its raining! dont want them cleaned in the rain! seems a waste of my money! can you come back next spring NOOOOOOOOOOOOO    leave me alone

got a headache now thinking about it

texas girl

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:58:23 am »
Tosh,

Send some rain our way!  It has been a very dry summer and now winter so far. The lake is really low.

Too bad we couldn't even out the rain and sunshine! 8)

Hugs,

Texas Girl :-*
Debbie

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 08:39:21 am »
Texas,

It should only be allowed to rain at night, or at the weekends.  Who was it who said, 'Rain at night, window cleaner's delight.  Rain at day, we get no pay'.

It's miserable; it's all grey here.