This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

texas girl

payment for services
« on: December 04, 2006, 02:53:32 am »
I almost always collect for residential services at the time of job completion. It is definitely the best if possible.

If the customer leaves and I finish while they are gone, I lock up and leave. I usually press the automatic garage door opener and run out before it closes.

In that case I leave a bill and they mail me a check or I will take a credit card payment over the phone.

With commercial accounts I invoice 60% via fax and my workers collect cash payments at the time of service the other 40% of the time. They turn in the cash at the end of each week.

Is it customary to drive back to your clients' neighborhood to collect payment for services or do you also bill or collect at the time of service? Since a lot of outside only services are done, is payment ever an issue?

What about commercial accounts? 

Do you deal with a lot of cash? 

Hugs,

Texas Girl :-*
Debbie

Roy Harding

Re: payment for services
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:57:23 pm »
Normally if a customer is in they pay cheque or cash, if they are out we provide a self addressed envelope for them to return payment.

I have about 98% pay by cheque as they know I dont mind, as I declare all for tax purposes.

For comercial they are invoiced and normallly take 30 days to pay.

I have only been caught once for a none payment in 22yrs, they moved without saying. I did send a invoice to the new address, but it was returned to me unopened.

Roy

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 04:27:11 pm »
I do the same as roy and even when the customers are in most of mine pay by cheque.
I get very little cash.

Paul

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 04:40:53 pm »
Normally if a customer is in they pay cheque or cash, if they are out we provide a self addressed envelope for them to return payment.

Roy

I do the above for my rural accounts, but I have many small terraced houses and semi-detached ones that I still collect from on a Saturday morning.

If they're not in, they get left a stamped-addressed-envelope to post a cheque on.

I hope to evolve into a 'non-collecting' window cleaner early next year.