This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billygoat

How do you rinse brush on?
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:01:11 am »
Hi,this is not brush on or brush off thread, cause I know its been done before.

I just want to ask 2 questions

1. How do you rinse brush on,and

2.When rinsing brush on why dosen't the window get contaminated when the water flows through the brush.

If I coulld rinse confidently with brush on it would be sooooo much easier.

DaveBrown

Re: How do you rinse brush on?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:33:09 pm »
Haven't got a clue, mate! To me its like rinsing the pots while still scrubbin it with the washing up brush :D

Dave

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:43:44 pm »
Some pole systems have other the top spray so that wouldn't be a problem.
Through the brush sprays could easily pick up contaminents from the bristles.

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:46:22 pm »
I rince with the brush on the glass i never lift off as there is no need to.

I use a fairly high flow of water so that does help a bit.
And i just run the brush along the top slowly with the brush tilted slightly.
If the window beads i tilt the brush slightly and start at the top and bring brush down and just repeat across the window.

Paul

P®oPole™

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 07:56:25 pm »

NEVER LIFT OFF!!!!!!!!!!

There is no need to lift of at all. Use your heads and use wfp properly ;)

ProPole

macmac

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 08:01:13 pm »
brush on every time

sorry but i just dont get the whole brush off thing, crazy to me.

P®oPole™

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 08:28:58 pm »
Crazy to me aswell mate,

It all comes down to confidence in your work. Lifting brush off is madness. Wfp is a totally new way of working, in years to come lots of users will have serious injuries.

If you work over or around the height of 25-30ft quite often and employ people to work at that height, if you teach them your bad habbits or way you work you are extremly stupid.

Advice from the other shiner in town who has a system or reading how bob and johnny do it on here or any other forum is laughable.

I have done a poll on this I know the shocking results, 65% of all wfp users they havent a clue what they are doing.

Go to the B.W.C.A if your unsure!!!

ProPole

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 09:03:07 pm »
Pro pole , why dont you save us all the time of going to the course and give us a brief description of the do's and dont's , why's and why not's 

Please , i am one of the lifters !

Rich P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P®oPole™

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 09:15:41 pm »
Hi Rich,

It’s very hard to describe in writing how exactly it’s done. Firstly you must have the right brush, a car washing brush or broom head simply won’t do, a good flow rate and of course the correct technique.

It’s all about having the right tools, knowledge and skill to get the whole procedure right.

A brief description would be, (taken from an old post of mine)

Rinsing with poles over 25-30ft you need to use a whole body technique which takes a while to master, its sort of like a ballroom dance step but who cares what you look like though if its saves one from injury then its worth it wouldn’t you say.

Always keep brush on the glass, move around I mean really sway and step back and forth for the scrub not moving your arms just letting your steps control the motion of the pole. Then obviously start at the top with a little extra attention to see the jets wash right up to the top of the glass then with small up down jerks (rather than a zig zag rinse) work you way back and forth a cross and down the glass by doing this action you should be stepping slightly left to rinse the right side and visa versa when you step left or right you slightly drop the pole the other direction.

You can only do the steps and body technique with brush on there’s no way you can do it lifting off, the whole technique is the way your supposed to use wfp anyone lifting of is at serious risk, there is no need to lift off at 18ft or even mini-pole 4ft work no need whatsoever!!!

Have a go on your own windows and see ;)

ProPole

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 09:17:45 pm »
Rich, I am a lifter too.
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 09:33:08 pm »
I DONT LIFT ON MY OWN WINDOWS , its always alright , but i always seem to lift on other peoples , just dont trust it .

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

lisa1

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 09:37:42 pm »
i lift too sounds good if you dont have to
will try this ;D

DaveBrown

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 10:02:48 pm »
i lift too sounds good if you dont have to
will try this ;D

I agree, it would be fantastic! It would save loads of time and backache if only I had the courage. Saying that I do use a vikan!

Propole, what brush do you use please and where can you buy them? I want in!

Dave

pjulk

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 11:01:20 pm »
I use a Vikan and i never get a problem not lifting.
Its all about confidence.
Try it on your own windows you will see you won't get a problem.

Paul

steveaqua

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 11:12:21 pm »
i have used this technique a few times now and no problems whatsoever.

the highest i've worked at is around 40ft, i use the vikan head better pressure and had no issues.

JM123

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 11:34:46 pm »
I think you guys would do well to try out a few of GazH2O's brushes - monofilament (better for on the glass rinsing), much lighter than Vikan brushes and they really glide nicely over the glass.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

S.A.J

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 01:51:47 pm »
Hi Rich,

It’s very hard to describe in writing how exactly it’s done. Firstly you must have the right brush, a car washing brush or broom head simply won’t do, a good flow rate and of course the correct technique.

It’s all about having the right tools, knowledge and skill to get the whole procedure right.

A brief description would be, (taken from an old post of mine)

Rinsing with poles over 25-30ft you need to use a whole body technique which takes a while to master, its sort of like a ballroom dance step but who cares what you look like though if its saves one from injury then its worth it wouldn’t you say.

Always keep brush on the glass, move around I mean really sway and step back and forth for the scrub not moving your arms just letting your steps control the motion of the pole. Then obviously start at the top with a little extra attention to see the jets wash right up to the top of the glass then with small up down jerks (rather than a zig zag rinse) work you way back and forth a cross and down the glass by doing this action you should be stepping slightly left to rinse the right side and visa versa when you step left or right you slightly drop the pole the other direction.

You can only do the steps and body technique with brush on there’s no way you can do it lifting off, the whole technique is the way your supposed to use wfp anyone lifting of is at serious risk, there is no need to lift off at 18ft or even mini-pole 4ft work no need whatsoever!!!

Have a go on your own windows and see ;)

ProPole

This is the way i was showen how to use the poles, Never had a proplem, works fine for me.

macmac

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 06:44:27 pm »
scrub as normal then, move brush to top left of window carefully (dont go above the glass onto the frame), let the stream flow and work the brush over to the right hand side of window. it may take a little jerky motion (little ups & downs) to move the brush over, take the brush off and thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why i just dont get the whole brush off thing?? what could be more simple?? why rinse brush off??? whats it got to do with confidence/balls/whatever??

i use facelift brushes now but used vikan for last three years and still no problem, not one complaint either.

so PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEase could somebody fill me in on this brush off thing, cos' it just dont make any sense to me. ( i'm not trying to be clever either, i mean it) ;D ??? ;D ??? ;D ???

EasyClean

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 06:48:57 pm »
There's a lot of 'lifters' on this forum (good job we clean windows and not shirts)!!! I personally rinse brush on, I always have and always will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

DaveBrown

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 07:48:03 pm »
scrub as normal then, move brush to top left of window carefully (dont go above the glass onto the frame), let the stream flow and work the brush over to the right hand side of window. it may take a little jerky motion (little ups & downs) to move the brush over, take the brush off and thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why i just dont get the whole brush off thing?? what could be more simple?? why rinse brush off??? whats it got to do with confidence/balls/whatever??

i use facelift brushes now but used vikan for last three years and still no problem, not one complaint either.

so PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEase could somebody fill me in on this brush off thing, cos' it just dont make any sense to me. ( i'm not trying to be clever either, i mean it) ;D ??? ;D ??? ;D ???

Macmac, I was told that on beading windows those drops of water left after brushing contained impurities. If I rinse with the brush just resting on the glass at the top of the window, surely the water beads and runs down the window missing lots of "contaminated" beads? Thats why I thought I had to lift the brush off the glass and chase down the beads in a zigzag motion - to get all the inpurities off the glass.

Dave