This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Pole confusion !
« on: December 02, 2006, 09:39:08 pm »
 Hi chaps , im confused , i am looking at spending a fair bit of money on the facelift carbon 44 foot pole , the confusion is here .....

I currently use an excel 6 section pole ....... 6 sections at 6 foot is 36 foot , plus the 3 foot extra for when its held at the hip , this makes it a 39 foot working pole .

The face liift pole is 8 section at 6 foot , plus the 3 foot at hip would make 51 foot working height ........ so my Q is ..... why is it listed as a 44 foot working height pole , anybody explain it for me ?

Rich P @ F   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Johnboyfree

Re: Pole confusion !
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 10:00:56 pm »
Hi chaps , im confused , i am looking at spending a fair bit of money on the facelift carbon 44 foot pole , the confusion is here .....

I currently use an excel 6 section pole ....... 6 sections at 6 foot is 36 foot , plus the 3 foot extra for when its held at the hip , this makes it a 39 foot working pole .

The face liift pole is 8 section at 6 foot , plus the 3 foot at hip would make 51 foot working height ........ so my Q is ..... why is it listed as a 44 foot working height pole , anybody explain it for me ?

Rich P @ F

Now Im Confused ??? ???
According to Facelift it has a working hieght of 56 feet.....

8x6=48 + 3ft for hip = 51 feet

where does the other 5 foot come from ???

or is this a two man pole? one on top of the other ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:08:59 pm »

Each individual section is 6 foot.
8 times 6 is 48 but allowing for overlap on each section takes the actual section usage down. it looks like they are setting 6 inches per section as the overlap. hence why the actual usage is down.

Johnboyfree

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 11:24:43 pm »

Each individual section is 6 foot.
8 times 6 is 48 but allowing for overlap on each section takes the actual section usage down. it looks like they are setting 6 inches per section as the overlap. hence why the actual usage is down.

I understand that you must lose some of the pole on joints,but how much?
if you go on to facelifts they give you 2 poles which should be roughly the same hieght(8x6ft & 6x8ft sections)yet one pole is 12 ft shorter than the other is this correct if so why the big difference

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 12:00:52 am »
If you look underneath there will also say 2x6 foot , i think its extra sections !

Rich P @ F

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 07:30:42 am »
All of the Facelift poles are named after there height from the hip!

Makes it slightly confusing when comparing, on our site we have the specs for these poles (which we now sell) and we quote the actual height as being 2ft shorter than the the 'Reach' height, which is about right. So the actual length of the 44ft pole is 42ft which makes the individual overlap on each pole about 9 inches, which when you look on a ruler is about what you would want on a pole of this height, any less and you would risk snapping the end of the section off!

The 56ft (Reach) pole has 6x8ft sections which equals about 43.5ft (less section to overlap) plus 2x6ft section which equals 10.5ft,  totalling in all 54ft of actual length.

I hope that this has made it easier to understand.

Alex

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 06:54:12 pm »
Maybe Facelift could resize to be the same as everyone else ie the actual height of the pole from the ground to the tip. Instead of it appearing to make it bigger. I think its cheating.
My pole errection always seems bigger than the real thing.  :)

macmac

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 08:13:26 pm »
alex is correct

i have the facelift 44ft carbon and it is about 42 ft in actual length, it is because of the overlap.

p @ f  if you want some tips on how to get the best from this pole let me know, it can very easily be made much more adaptable.

tony

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 08:30:15 pm »
Tony , please tell me more , i have been offered this pole for £699 + vat , first is this a good price , and can you give me a bit of your expirience with this pole so far , e.g how is it standing up to the wear and tear ?

Rich P @ F 

macmac

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 07:26:31 pm »
rich
that is an excellent price (wish i paid that) never seen one that cheap.
firstly- the brush don't come off (because microbore water pipe don't have a re-connectable split in it) so its stuck there, i need to take it off to get in van see.this is easily resolved with some cheap as chips jg-speedfit connectors.

secondly- i only use full 44ft a couple of times a month so i de-mount the pole to four sections (24ft) as this height and lower is most of my working day, but you are still then left with loads and loads of the microbore trailing from the pole (and have to wrap it all up at end of each job too). so i cut the pipe as to what a normal 24ft pole would have and made (another) split with speedfit connectors and put hozelok connector back on.
then, with the rest of the pipe i did the same - speedfit at one end, hozelok at other, so when i add some or all of the sections back on to the pole i just connect the rest of the pipe on with it. simple, the pole acts like 2 poles this way without miles of pipe tangling up everywhere. its dead simple, will cost you about a tenner for all the bits.let me know if you want to do this and i will give you the part numbers for the connectors to save you trawling through them all, can get them loads cheaper than cleantech sell them for too and they are black,so you cant even tell they're there.

wear and tear i cant tell you about cos' i've only had the pole a short while but i can tell you it's THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!
OH YES, this pole is amazing, it's made my life so much easier.it extends and collapses with total ease, the clamps are great (impossible to accidently catch the lever) and operate effortlessly.
the sections come apart and go back on with ease, so you can mount/dismount sections in no time.
its very light and rigid also, the brush (which is also very light) is great too, its the best brush i've ever used (only used vikans before though).

its not very often that a product lives up to all the hype, or what the manufacturer claims, but i have to say, honestly, that this pole does just that!!!
it's a pleasure to use, just so light and easy.

just wish i'd got one for 699+vat though.

hope this helps, anything else let me know.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tony

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:20:38 pm »
We currently have the 44 Facelift (42ft) for £699 with Free Delivery, but we also now are offering the Facelift poles with choice of head/brush combo's, they work out at even better value.

Alex

master cleaner

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 11:16:33 pm »
ive got 2 facelift poles i bought from facelift direct and i had them fit the plastic adjustable neck on them instead of the gooseneck that cones with the pole , they are very good and i can change the brush in seconds

macmac
could i have the info on the connectors for the hose as this would help me out a lot

thanx
gary

Skyglide

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 05:53:28 pm »
We have the Carbonized pole from Williamson pumps.
60ft  modular with 2 brush heads and 2 pole end water feeds.

Enables 2 men to work on normal stuff and gives you 60ft as and when you need it.

Light, strong and well engineered it is all you ever need for work above ground level.
Chris

macmac

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 06:46:08 pm »
gary
goto www.betavalve.com or ring them on 01494 459511

you will need 2 x PM250806E and 1 x PM0408E (thats 3 pieces total) for every joint you make in the water pipe.these are the correct sizes for standard pipe that comes with facelift pole.
all they are is 2 x tube to hose stems and 1 x straight connector. when you see them it will become clear how they fit together, just dip the water pipe in hot water first to make it soft so it pushes on easier.dont worry about it ever slipping back off accidentally- once the pipe cools back down you cannot even pull them off with force ( i drag mine all over the place).
you will still need to buy a hose tail end though (the bit that connects to the hose) but all the normal wfp retailers sell them. ;) ;) ;)

master cleaner

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 11:25:55 pm »
gary
goto www.betavalve.com or ring them on 01494 459511

you will need 2 x PM250806E and 1 x PM0408E (thats 3 pieces total) for every joint you make in the water pipe.these are the correct sizes for standard pipe that comes with facelift pole.
all they are is 2 x tube to hose stems and 1 x straight connector. when you see them it will become clear how they fit together, just dip the water pipe in hot water first to make it soft so it pushes on easier.dont worry about it ever slipping back off accidentally- once the pipe cools back down you cannot even pull them off with force ( i drag mine all over the place).
you will still need to buy a hose tail end though (the bit that connects to the hose) but all the normal wfp retailers sell them. ;) ;) ;)

hi macmac i have got the facelift poles but i have replaced the black pole hose with the clear pole hose which is a bit wider , will these connectors fit this hose

thanx for all your help

gary

macmac

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 11:54:50 pm »
the fittings which match the above part numbers are for 6mm inner diameter hose, but they are available in just about any size (metric and inches).go to

http://www.johnguest.com/part_spec.asp?s=PM25_D1     and also

http://www.johnguest.com/part_spec.asp?s=PM04_D1

have a brows the website, there's loads of different fitting and i think beta-valve stock them all. ;)