This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Using too much water
« on: December 02, 2006, 07:39:03 pm »
Hi All,...... over cautious again.

As i did with trad to begin with, staying on a window too long to make sure its perfect etc.. i am now soing the same with wfp,

i stay too long on a window to make sure its had a really good scrub and rinse,

and its taking me too long  ???,

whats the best procedure and how much water do you tend to use, i know its not rocket science but any advice would be welcome.

oh and do any of you tend to scrub with the water off (after first wetting the window).. for a little while to save water... then rinse etc.?

cheers.

Gary.

H h20

Re: Using too much water
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 07:43:51 pm »
Hi Gary,do you have a varistream? if not get one it WILL save you so much water,
for the first few cleans use more water anyway to get rid of any contamination and then you will notice you wont need to use as much water but if you are still unsure you only need to rinse for a few seconds,but again GET A VARISTREAM (unless you have one),Gaz  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 07:46:17 pm »
... yup! And an autobrush! I've got both.
It's a game of three halves!

geefree

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 07:47:45 pm »
Hi Gaz, thanks for the advice..

i only use a backpack at the moment , and i dont know what a varistream is  ::)...

i think i stay too long as its high and i cant see the window to check,

think it will wear off lol.

Gary.

geefree

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 07:48:43 pm »
Whats an autobrush Malc?

pylofm

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 08:12:38 pm »
Hi Gary that is very much a problem I have...I think that I spend a long time on each window...Trouble is as you say, it is hard to know when is enough.

Cheers
Dave.

poleman

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 12:59:11 am »

geefree

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 12:26:53 pm »
thanks andy.... although it crashes my pc when i open the link :o

does anyone have any answers regarding this thread please.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 02:31:09 pm »
Gazza,

On first cleans, go overboard and do lots of scrubbing and rinsing.

On subsequent cleans, wash the top frame, scrub the glass ONCE, rince ONCE.

Practice on your own windows; do some really fast and see how they turn out.

When Wor Lass makes me clean our windows, I do them as fast as I can and they generally turn out great; despite my oxidised paint on the upstairs windows.

I will also wet a window and then 'nip' the hose to stop the water flow, using a backpack, to conserve water and scrub a window if it's got difficult to remove bird poo on it.

Then release the hose, wash the window again and rinse.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 02:36:03 pm »
Cheers Tosh,

Thats the answer i was looking for, i will do all that tomorrow...

was going to have a go at my windows today but just washed the van and i nearly blew away  ;D

Thanks Tosh  ;)

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 02:52:01 pm »
Thanks Gazza.

We've all been there; not trusting the pure water.  It took me several months to stop rinsing three times (once on the glass doing downward strokes, once on the glass doing zig-zag strokes and once left to right with the brush off).

Someone on this forum took the micky out of me for doing this which made me think and change my ways (I'm a Geordie by the way).

Also, if you've got a van, why don't you upgrade to a van-mounted system?

geefree

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 03:00:32 pm »
I enjoy the backpack for now until my round is full its all i can afford for now.... i have already spent too much and its not coming in quick enough yet, but it will,!

what you used to do, i do exactly the same now, up down, sideways rinse lots  and lots brush on brush off, im making it hard work to be honest, but its still a joy leaving my ladders on the van,

to be honest when i have to get the ladders off i hate it now, its hard work lol.

its making me lazy  ;)

TVCS

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 08:35:54 pm »
The bit about the ladders I totally agree.  New customer yesterday, lovelly big house, nice price etc.  did one window with the ladders as I run out of water and what a pain in the arse it was.  I think your right gazza.  wfp makes you lazy.

When I started with the wfp I too used loads and loads of water with rinsing.  I think I have the hang of it now and sometimes I'm suprised with the amount of water left at the end of the day.  You will find with time your confidence will grow .  I was worried about customers moaning about the state of their windows but i've not had one complaint(yet)
Keep at it
Ant
tvcs
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

geefree

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 08:59:33 pm »
HOPE  I GET THERE LOL.

teething problems i think...

thanks for all help here.  ;)

Gary.