This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

texas girl

Holiday window cleaning demand
« on: December 02, 2006, 02:38:59 am »
Is everyone working overtime and then some for the Christmas holiday season?

I am not complaining but every year at this time I am so busy with additional window cleaning jobs it gets quite hectic.

The money is certainly welcome but the additional stress is not.  My increase in demand is 98% residential. All inside and out. Many one time cleanings or once/ twice per year.

I know our markets are different; but do you also have this huge increase in demand? Or are most of your regular customers just getting their normal cleanings since they get them done frequently?

Hugs,

Texas Girl  :-*  December 1 means new calendar posting ;)

Debbie

EasyClean

Re: Holiday window cleaning demand
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:05:26 am »
Same hours as normal . I won't be suckered into cleaning additional new houses at this time of year because of one offs due to the xmas holiday season. If they're genuine would be regular customers then they don't mind waiting until after xmas to be added onto my round as I have to look after my regualar customers 1st as they are my bread & butter! We British do it diffferent to you yankies (thank goodness)!!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 08:29:21 am »
I would say demand goes down this time of year generally speaking. People are not bothered about dirty window when the days are short and the weather is miserable.

You may get a few phone calls in the weeks before christmas because people have family coming but unless they are existing customers I wouldn't have time to do them because I am always behind and trying to catch up anyway.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 08:43:44 am »
We haven't had a mad rush on so to speak but we are just falling behind a little because of the weather!!   :)

Regards Shaun!!

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 09:01:21 am »
 :o :o :o :o nice calendar, you must keep your man happy ;D ;D

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 09:13:40 am »
Normally our demand does not budge but this year we are taking loads of calls seeing if we can fit inside cleans in when we visit.
We have also taken on about 11 new customers who want cleaning before xmas.
Busy Busy Busy!!

mfwindowcleaner

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 11:44:32 am »
Thurs, Fri, Sat before xmas ....
all big houses with lots of tips  ;D
" You can take the girl out of Cork "

Jake

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 03:27:32 pm »
That reminds me....................

http://www.windowcleaningcalendar.com/

Now that's my kind of window cleaner !!!  :P
Exeter, Devon

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 04:53:05 pm »
We do the windows on a monthly cycle, so it stays about the same.

But in Texas they seem to do once or twice a year but clean screens  and shutters, but they charge a lot more per clean, I think?

Roy

texas girl

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 10:55:22 pm »
Hey Roy,

Yes, you are right. We do charge a lot per house, which makes it worth it, but it is exhausting.

Christmas month usually nets about $10,000.00 more than normal. Knowing people are needing services because of parties, family coming in, etc; it is hard to say no.

And we do lots of insides, plus a lot of houses have screens on each window. We take those off and clean them also.

I do pick up quite a few regulars after the holiday clean, but many are one- timers. We charge a first time fee always.

There is a dramatic demand for services of all types during November and December. It is bittersweet; great income but almost too busy to enjoy the holidays. :)

Hugs, :-*
Texas Girl
Debbie

Roy Harding

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 11:05:44 pm »

Christmas month usually nets about $10,000.00 more than normal. Knowing people are needing services because of parties, family coming in, etc; it is hard to say no.

That a very good turnover for only a few weeks of the year, do you still employ people and clean your self?

No wonder you need a break.

Roy

texas girl

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 11:17:01 pm »
Some additional services that are requested during this time include cleaning ceiling fans, fancy lighting fixtures, mirrors, etc.

We use our equipment;(ladders, poles, etc)  on the insides to clean what the average person can't.  I feel we are appreciated a lot by providing these services.

During the winter is a great time to earn additional money for working inside. If you haven't done this before and you think you may be meticulous enough to enjoy this type of thing, it is a good idea to offer additional services.

It is better than losing money during in climate weather. But then again I like doing detailed work. You have to be patient because this work is slow.

Cheers and hugs,

Texas Girl :-*
Debbie

texas girl

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 11:29:31 pm »
Hey Roy, ;D

I hire additional help for just this reason, but as you know it is best to be involved yourself especially doing insides of homes.

I am doing the residential inside cleanings. Plus the normal managing. I love it but it is like having 2 jobs temporarily.

No lounging by the pool sipping margaritas! But that will come later.

I have tried hiring teams for residential cleaning but I think most customers like having the owner or manager on site especially doing the inside of their home.

I keep my normal commercial accounts with the normal worker situation. The only difference is the residential market.

January is always sweet; a sigh of relief and a thankfulness that December was so profitable.

I hope you are staying busy!

Hugs,

Debbie

DASERVICES

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 11:45:35 pm »
Hey Debs,

Glad to see you back, know you've had a bad year with past posts.

Hope you have a good year next year and keep it up.

Doug

texas girl

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 12:18:57 am »
Doug,

Thanks so much for the good thought. This forum is full of great people. Yes; this past year has been challenging for me in one aspect; reality of life without my son ever again is sinking in. It has been hard.

Yet we all have our own issues so I am grateful for so much. Most of all for Grace.

We must NEVER GIVE UP and always look ahead for future success. So much to be thankful for. Thank God for tomorrow!

Thanks. I hope 2007 is the best for you too.

Hugs,

Debbie

harry c anderson

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 12:55:38 am »
cood luck

texas girl

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 02:27:47 am »
Thanks Harry!

:-*
Debbie

ducky

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 02:13:00 pm »
can u get the whole calender or is it just monthly. ;D
if it cleans we will clean it

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 02:43:49 pm »

This time of year I find that all of the "customers?" that want em done once every pancake day start to crawl out of the woodwork. If I can squeeze them in I do so, but regular biz comes 1st.

My very 1st customer Mrs Jones who's still a 6 weekly job to this day always gets the December clean on the house....and I take round a few mince pies courtesey of Mrs K.

matt

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 08:21:06 pm »
i was asked today to do 2 on-offs

i said i would, gave them a price 3 X the amount, 1 said ok, the other looked shocked and will think on it

to be honest i didnt care if they took the price or not, ive got the work, so my regulars MUST come first