This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

nice little van heater
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:05:12 pm »
found this little economy heater, think this would be ideal for heating the van in winter, it runs on normal cig lighter fuel for cigarette lighters,  they say it runs for 3 hours, its only £12.99  heres the link,

http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/sales_and_marketing/pages/moreinfoa.asp?pe=CHDEJHEQ_+rapijet+refillable+butane+gas+mini&cid=1911

S_RICHARDSON

Re: nice little van heater
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 04:41:09 pm »
When you say this do mean in the mornings when it's frosty or freezing, you don't mean all night do you cause i take it that's open flame that doesn't sound to safe to me!

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:16:43 pm »
the heater would just be for warming up the van before you start work, if its realy a frosty m,orning,
if all else fails you have got a nice hand warmer  ;D

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 08:46:59 am »
Sounds Good Jouk45 I might invest in one of them!!   ;)

WavieDavie

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 09:14:17 am »
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 09:16:31 am »
Looks good to me.
My van heater bust about 2 months ago so now all i get when i put the blower on is freezing cold air
Might have to get one

marc al

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 10:22:22 am »
   A-r

I should get your heater checked out, they are usually part of the vans coolng system, it may point to something more serious that will be costly.

Marc

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 03:51:24 pm »
Try one of these . . . http://www.m-99.co.uk/Electrical/Car_Heater_and_Fan/car_heater_and_fan.html

Much safer and quicker

Don't bother i have exactly the same one and its a load of rubbish.
Supposed to defrost a windscreen in minutes.
Mine defrosted a piece the size of an orange in about 10 minutes.

There just a gimmick

Paul

busydaffodil

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 04:46:30 pm »
I live on top of a mountain & its already bitter cold here, have had ice and snow.  I get up at 5.30am wash & dress & go out to the car to start it & get heater going on the windscreen.  I then go back inside for a cuppa and 15 minutes later, leave for work with a nice warm defrosted car waiting for me.
If security is an issue, lock your van/car with the spare and leave it ticking over.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 04:57:40 pm »
   A-r

I should get your heater checked out, they are usually part of the vans coolng system, it may point to something more serious that will be costly.

Marc

I agree - check the water in your cooling system if it's low then top it up with water/antifreeze mix and if your heater now works (when the engine is warm) then you're losing water big time.

It could be just a leaky radiator or hose clip but may be the headgasket.
It's a game of three halves!

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 07:41:25 pm »

Marc

What is your temperature like on the temperature gauge if its cold its your thermostat gone.
If it normal you either have a leak somewhere or the heater matrix is knackered.

Paul