Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

benny d

Call divert problem
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:58:27 pm »
Hi all,
Anyone got any help for me with this problem please?
I informed BT that I want to divert my calls from home to be diverted to my mobile, which they have sorted out.

But when I tap into the phone the code to divert it doesnt work  :(
This is what I tap into my home phone keypad: Is this correct?
*21* then my mobile number, then #

This does not work for me. Is this the wrong code, or do you know the proper code at all?
Thanks in advance
Ben
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Geoff Jewkes

Re: Call divert problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:59:42 pm »
what network is your moby?

AquaMagic

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:03:02 pm »
Hello there, we had a similar problem, it turned out that BT need to active this facility and it isnt on there by default.  We had a package called , Business Line Divert, but they still didnt feel the need to activate the line divert facility untill asked.  So first thing id do is call them and check its activate, i think you then have to wait 24 hour or something.

See this link for details on how to use the facility when its set up.

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btbusiness.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_adp.php?p_sid=GhckSUni&p_faqid=7684&cat_lvl1=529&cat_lvl2=540&p_cv=2.540&p_cats=529,540

Hope this helps.

Dene

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 09:05:13 pm »
If you`re on 3 network it won`t work most of the time. Buy an 02 pay as u go and divert to that. I had same prob over a year ago took ages and plenty of lost business to work out the problem

BRSL

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:17:02 pm »
Strange, the code is right then #21# to cancel  ???

Geoff

nice job today how did it go  :P  Im on 3 and works fine  ??? ???
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Glynn

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 09:19:45 pm »
It doesnt matter what network your on, it should divert to ANY no inc other landlines.
You are correct that *21*  tel no hash is the divert code and hash 21 hash is undivert.
Regards
Glynn

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 09:42:42 pm »
I've been using this method for about 14 years never had a problem.

Although I do believe that some calls don't get through!!

Shaun

magic_carpet

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 09:49:02 pm »
i've been having a problem lately. not with the code but the line quality, it's seems like most calls to my mobile at the mo are very hard to hear. echo fussy bad connection. anyone else getting this..i'm in cornwall. very busy down here at mo. jamie

Cloverleaf

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 09:53:23 pm »
Been using since 1996, no probs even with different mob service providers. Problem is with BT.

Change service provider from BT and it may ger dodgy!

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 09:56:20 pm »
We have feature line compact as we have seperate business line! We have to dial *21*9 then number#

we have to dial 9 for outside line!

Chees Goron

Hi Jamie mobile line seemsfine to me i'm on orange t mobile and 3 all seem fine. Yes i'm busy too, things have really kicked off

Cheers Goron

Damian

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 09:56:51 pm »
 Never had a problem whatsoever. For years. Bt and 02 work perfectly together and yes some would say they are both more expensive, however one lost/missed call for say a lounge diner etc pays for the cost for a couple of months! ;D 8)

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Cloverleaf

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 10:04:02 pm »
Too true Damian!   ;)

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Hows our Ninja mate?

John

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 10:15:48 pm »
I'm only going on calls in, I recently had a day off (yes you read it correctly) and the amount of calls I got was astonishing, not the same amount with the mobile (BT & o2).

John Briggs is like Howard Hughes! he won't leave the house sometimes as he thinks he's missing calls!!

Shaun

Damian

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 10:17:13 pm »
Good to hear from you John-hope your well? Cant break the ninja mate! I'm trying goddamit but its bearing up very well! Put a new pump on last month and it will be serviced as and when i slow down? ::) The prochem is a different game tho-down again this week so im at full stretch and laddo isnt happy with the hours! I am hoping to put ninja in a trailer after christmas with a new speedster and truckmount em both (have bought the generators already) However i am purchasing a carpet shop too so i seem to be split in two every day! I do love waking up breathing tho' ;D

Damian.

benny d

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 10:19:31 pm »
Thanks for the info. Im on Orange pay as you go, and BT land line. It looks as though ive got some investigating to do to sort it out!
Thanks
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Cloverleaf

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 10:38:04 pm »
Glad to hear all is well Damian and hope your new shop goes well. Just don't tell the women how well your doin  ;D

My new Ninja won't break either, but sods law says I should get it serviced in Jan as done lots of hours.

Sounds like your serious about this truck mount set up, let me know how you get on.

John

Damian

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 10:54:45 pm »
Thankyou and yes I will let you know John for sure(truckmount) I wanted to get the new ninja like yours but hey you know what county i'm from-tight bugger, me! Is it performing upto your standards? Was it worth the cost etc? I know you have the work and custy base to substantiate shelling out a few coppers ;D Hope its spinning its vac motors constantly for you John. Did you get the auto-dump/fill version? I may catch up with you on some training course at some point?

Damian.

cleaning co

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 05:00:55 am »
hi damian, out intrest are  u saying u hav brought a geny to run your ninja and speedster?  cause when i looked into this i found i needed anthoer van just for the jeny as it had to be that big and powerfull , a top range ninja needs 6000watts power and will also hav huge power surge when u first start the motors up prob up to about 8000 watts so what type jeny u useing ?
cheers gary

Damian

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 07:52:22 am »
Gary, give me your email address and i will let you know when i get finished this evening. Is it the same address as last time? Cheers

Damian.

cleaning co

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 11:31:43 am »
hi mate yes its the same ,  look forward to your mail
cheers gary