This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H h20

Backpack,how do you............
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:03:13 pm »
put it on when it`s full  :o,they are a pain to pick up out of the van,but how on earth do you manage to actually put it on,Gaz

master cleaner

Re: Backpack,how do you............
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:34:36 pm »
left shoulder first , like your underwear but the other end ;D ;D ;D

gary

carlfoster

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:44:24 pm »
Don't have it full, it's too heavy. Fit it on a trolley with a continuous refill bottle. Then only lift it onto your back when needed round backs etc.

master cleaner

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 07:47:35 pm »
Don't have it full, it's too heavy. Fit it on a trolley with a continuous refill bottle. Then only lift it onto your back when needed round backs etc.

you might as well have a trolley to do that , i carry mine allday and my son does no problems after your muscles have got used to it

gary

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 07:51:05 pm »
Store it on a shelf in the door of your van Gaz at about back hieght then all you do is back up to it strap on and away you go!

Mines set up like this
Not Perfect - But Honest

H h20

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 08:04:56 pm »
Thanks for the replys lads,i agree with Gary you may aswell have a trolley system if you put it on a trolley,i have had it to do a few jobs that are awkward with a hose and need to be able to just walk round with it  and i need as much water  as i can carry,i`ll give it a go Gary  and practice with me undercrackers  ;D,Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 08:10:28 pm »
Dont fill, and carry/drop another container with 10-20 litres to near where you are working. I back into mine turtle fashion by sitting on the back of the estate similar to David.

dai

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 09:25:23 pm »
If you put it on a really light shopping trolley frame, you can wheel it or carry it.
If I ever have to carry it it's only up a few steps. The frame only weighs about a pound.

JohnL

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 09:38:47 pm »
or fit to a trolley, I am too much of a wimp to carry that on my back. I have used it for 3 months now and find it quite brilliant!

West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

G & M

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 09:59:53 pm »
Gaz we have ours on an Aldi trolley which is nice and light and fits easily through doors alleyways etc. We mounted a small hose reel with about 10mtrs of microbore on it which lets us work away from the trolley. Michael

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 06:17:57 am »
Slightly off topic - but sometimes a backpack can get you started earlier in the day on frosty mornings.

The evening before put it and/or barrels of 25L in your house near a radiator. This means you'll have about 40/65 litres of water stored in a temperature of about 20/25 degrees C. (The earlier you put your barrel(s)) in the house the nearer this temperature they'll be in the morning)

Store the barrel(s) in the footwell of your car/van. Put the backpack in its normal place. For the first house use the backpack which will likely still be above 10 degrees and the barrels kept in the warmth of the car/van can be used to top it up giving warmer water until the outside temperature rises.

Sounds a fuss but only needs doing when anticipating cold days and can allow you to be running an hour earlier and with less chance of freezing up.

It's a game of three halves!

geefree

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 06:07:56 pm »
pick it straight up full... off the ground , onto my back and away! :D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 06:15:27 pm »
pick it straight up full... off the ground , onto my back and away! :D

Let me guess - you eat spinach and your g/f's called Olive Oil?
It's a game of three halves!

geefree

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 07:46:46 pm »
lol... no... its not that heavy even when full... and a few windows later its a doddle...

also i just put another 25 litre container in the garden in working in,

in case i need to top up...

its just a case of getting used to it...

the biggest problem is the hose... no matter what pole size... it still has to be extended and reduced .. so hose will be round your feet at some point..

and thats a pain.  ???

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 08:04:20 pm »
put it on when it`s full  :o,they are a pain to pick up out of the van,but how on earth do you manage to actually put it on,Gaz

I wouldn't carry a full backpack.  I think that's just asking for back or neck trouble. 

I rarely fill my backpack above half-way, but keep a handy 25 litre barrel close by on a sack truck for quick re-fills.

I also don't wear the thing (or only very rarely) when using the pole; I carry it to where I'm about to work, then put it on the ground.

It's not ideal, but it still kicks the bottom out of using ladders.

geefree

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 08:11:43 pm »
tried that tosh... just a pain switching the power up for good rinse etc... when its grounded.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 09:14:35 pm »
I wouldn't carry a full backpack.  I think that's just asking for back or neck trouble.

Have to disagree with you there Tosh.

I suffered with a stiff back when I got up in the morning.  Doc said all I needed was a bit of excersise.
7 months using the backpack  FULL to the brim!! and I rarely have a pain now!!.
As I said before, the trick is NOT TO LIFT IT with a bent back!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

datec66

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 09:28:01 pm »
or fit to a trolley, I am too much of a wimp to carry that on my back. I have used it for 3 months now and find it quite brilliant!

John, where did you get that trolley from mate and does it fold down or owt to fit in a car??  Nice work by the way ;D

Also, can anyone tell me if the 40psi pump with these will clean 2nd storey houses - about 24ft high??

Carl

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 09:53:44 pm »
Carl,

I use my BP at 30' on 1st setting! mind you it does sometimes need 2nd setting to get a good flow.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

datec66

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 10:27:06 pm »
Thanks David ;D, just what I wanted to hear lol

Carl