Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleantime services

Re: Charge for being messed around
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 12:33:52 pm »
Well, let's say it how it is!
CARPET CLEANING HIRE MACHINES FROM £15 PER DAY, INCLUDING DETERGENT ETC. DELIVERY/COLLECTION £10.

craigp

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 03:58:58 pm »
hang on, i have charged cancellations in the past, and got it ! ;D

its worth doing, and small claims court takes 10 mins on line,(if it has to go that far) blimey some defeatest here. also you can charge them further admin fee for having to resort to court plus they have to pay court costs, you will be better off if it does go to court!

keep this link for such times as non payers: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Hi Gary: gixer6@blueyonder.co.uk

AquaMagic

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 11:04:35 pm »
Craig, i see your point but you may do more damage than good, there's a saying ive heard, "do  a good job (or please someone) and they will tell 3 people, do a bad job  (p someone off) and they will tell 10", so i suppose its worth considering if your cancellation invoice will realy recoup the lost work.  I normally put cancellations down to sods law and as long as i use that time for marketting i dont feel that let down, however i must admit if someone called me on the same day to cancel because they had hired a machine then Craig im with you on this one mate becuase thats just taking the p*ss.

Dene

Neil Grainger

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 08:05:10 am »
After much thought, I pulled away from doing this. customer threatened to report me to the Trading standards.  ???

I explained the situation to them calmly without getting angry or heavy with them and they just got abusive and threatening.

If I was not busy I would go after it but as I am I just explained why I could charge them and then pulled back.

The Law is that if you can get proof that a booking is real and the customer cancels without reason within an unexceptable time then you can Charge.

Dentists do this as do some doctors, and you never sign a contract with them.

I do see the point about walking away though and the effect it could have on future business, its just that I dont do it.

Customers want it both ways, they want you on their own terms and its something we have to live with unfortuantley.

Cheers

Neil

David_Annable

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 02:56:41 pm »
Hi

At the end of the day you may have had a lucky escape.

Do you really want to work for these people.

If a custy of mine cancelled by email they wouldn't be a custy.

Dave

PS Not PC i know, but women are all bonkas....................its well known.

NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

calmore

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 06:01:38 pm »
I'm pretty sure that from a legal standpoint all you can charge for are any items you have bought in specifically to do that particular job, ie special chemicals or whatever.

Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/