This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Squeegee Rubber `Drag`(Possible Causes
« on: November 10, 2006, 06:22:19 am »
Does anyone one the group know just what the cause of squeegee rubber `drag`
Is down to ? I have this commercial account I do every month.Been doing it now
For over three years and I`ve always had probems with it.Yesterday was the worst ever!!! It was terrible,just as if the rubber was coated with glue or something!!!!
New rubber ( Sorbo ) always liked em`,tried all different fluids,yesterday was the
Unger Liquid with a `spot` of Fairy in it.The next job I did was like an `eel on ice`
The rubber `slip` was fantastic! My technique was the same on both jobs.It`s got
To be the glass I recon,but yesterday was worse than normal by far. Comments
And advice appreciated.

Lewis Doubtfire,
Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Jeff Brimble

Re: Squeegee Rubber `Drag`(Possible Causes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 04:19:23 pm »
One cause is hphobic glass caused by polish or a protectant, As a suggestion try,  your RO water and a bit of Sorbo slide/Sainsburys water softner/extra gg3.
It can also be the "never clean your windows again" stuff

billozz

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 04:20:32 pm »
not an inside job is it, we find that inside pubs for instance the nicotine on the windows plays hell with the squeegee
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 05:25:00 pm »
Some shop windows I do, have a film added to the window this is supposed to be a sun filter, there a pain in the B** as they tend to cause drag,

Loads of water on applicator and be quike on the blade was my cure for it.

dai

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 08:43:18 pm »
I have noticed it but only on old glass near the sea front. The glass gets sandblasted. I bet if you looked at the glass under a microscope it would have craters in it. Is the glass in question facing a sandy area? DAI

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 05:28:35 am »
Funnily enough its my only job where the owner/ m.d. awhile back complained
About the top windows not being cleaned right.I used to W.F.P. but just could`nt
Get rid of `spotting` problems no matter how much I rinsed!!! There`s just a smallish
Sill/ledge to them so I went back to having to use Peter Fogwills `LedgerMates` and
A Sorbo channel/rubber………………….Bingo!!!!!............... Straight downward pulls and its much much slippier.Also I`ve got a satisfied client.There is a `blueish`
Tint to the windows,not easy to see into the offices at all.On a hot summers day doing
Them is a `nightmare` with also the glass being warm.I wonder if it`s some kind of
Special glass that’s been installed to counteract the sun? Something different than say
Solar window film tint.

Lewis Doubtfire,
Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 11:23:29 am »
Occasionally the "wrong" side of the pane is fitted on the outside even with DG.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 05:53:19 pm »
If its got a blueish tint to it then I would bet its what Jeff Said, there is a low-e coating placed on the inside of the outside pane of the double glazed window sometimes in the factory the guy putting the window together turns the pane the wrong way so that the low-e coating is the exposed outside surface and as its not designed to be exposed its impossible to clean properly, Tell the customer what it is and have them replaced as they are defective
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 09:07:12 pm »
one of my customers has had some of her windows replaced with that "stay clean" glass. i cleaned them the other day and noticed high drag on the ones which had been replaced with the new glass!
also noticed when you clean them it looks odd on the glass...a bit like oil on water, sort of colourful etc.
when I'm cleaning windows