Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

WHERES SQUEAKY SINCE BIG Q?
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:33:49 pm »
DID YOU DO IT SQUEAKY.... WFP? :D

you have been mighty quiet,

spending all your hard earned cash on wfp i bet ;D

Sir Squeaky

Re: WHERES SQUEAKY SINCE BIG Q?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:01:02 am »
I'm still here, but most of the topics have been wfp problems as usual.

Oooohhh, makes me want one! ::)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 12:44:12 pm »
stick to the blades ;D you know it makes sense ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

geefree

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 05:48:20 pm »
Tell you what,

i did some detached today, wfp upstairs , trad down.

i all over the place, my head was up my arse,

i kept tripping over hose, catching it on everything... in fact i think my hose went searching for anything  it could to wrap around  ::)..

then i used a small pointer for some higher downstairs windows...!

i felt i had gear everywhere..!... then putting it all away, the ladders back on the van etc..

i was whacked after one house ...

i suppose when i get a rythmn i will be ok..

but when you mix and match alone to begin with its not very nice...

anyone else found this at the beginning? ???

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 05:59:02 pm »
Mix and match is not a good idea.

I've decided its a day WFPing or day trad.

pylofm

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 06:00:05 pm »
Sounds like me not too long ago....just like working only trad you'll get a working method for each house....but had a day just like that this week, if it could go wrong it did....

Cheers
Dave.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 07:41:28 pm »
I must say I take me hat off to you that use wfp,all that gear just to clean windows,the pulling out the putting away :-\ I could not be bothered with it :P I am glad I simply dont need it ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 07:45:45 pm »
I must say I take me hat off to you that use wfp,all that gear just to clean windows,the pulling out the putting away :-\ I could not be bothered with it :P I am glad I simply dont need it ;D

Aw Terry, stop being so crass. 

You should know better.  You're quick; no doubt about it, but you ought to explain your working practises and type of work before making comments like the above.

For example, I've read that you DON'T USE LADDERS!

So maybe you should explain how you DON'T USE LADDERS, before making such comments.

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 08:16:33 pm »

i just pull the trolley out the back of the van, put 25 litre barrrel on it, connect pole and clean.
Took me longer to undo ladder clamps and put in place before.
I don't bother with hoses anymore unless the job needs more than a barrel.
It does take me longer to pack away and refill the barrel though.

Bob McKillop

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 08:55:45 pm »
Backpack straight  on out the van side door, do upstairs, back pack off, blade downstairs, siphon fill backpack while writing note, close van, post note, AWAY.

geefree

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 09:38:11 pm »
i use the back pack... but a novice.. ;)

so when i say i tripped over everything was because i needed ladders for downstairs... bushes in the way etc...
back and forth... was just a bad day, normally i do as bob but just a bad un.

and the reason i didnt just wfp it downstairs on that bad window was because the geezer was watching from the lounge with a pipe in his mouth !

whats wrong with that ? i hear you ask....
lol....
truth is i have only just started with wfp.... and i like to do it when there is no one home because i feel like a ghostbuster not a window cleaner with all this going on....

and aiming my pole at a lounge with someone watching me .... well, i just dont feel comfortable.... i know they think its normal water etc etc...

i just feel foolish as yet... lol ::)

neil100

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 11:20:17 pm »
With wfp you do have more gear to carry round. But once you are used to working with it, it aint no problem at all.

I wiss round a house doing the upstairs first and I allways have an inner feeling of  contenment now on how much energy I have saved in not haveing to go up and down a ladder to clean them. What a muppet I was for resisting wfp for so long.

At the end of the day we all work to earn a crust. Its what we take home as a wage that counts. I have just brought my books up to date and WOW In this Tax year I have worked 32 weeks with wfp and I have earned more in those 32 weeks then any year of trad w/c.(52 weeks) Thats a full 20 weeks ahead of Trad w/c. I also compared it to my last year of trad w/c which was my best and I have worked one day less this year so far.

So thats more money earned for less effort.

I say why hop to the shops if you can walk.

Nel. 

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 12:01:40 pm »
Tell you what,

i did some detached today, wfp upstairs , trad down.

i all over the place, my head was up my arse,

i kept tripping over hose, catching it on everything... in fact i think my hose went searching for anything  it could to wrap around  ::)..

then i used a small pointer for some higher downstairs windows...!

i felt i had gear everywhere..!... then putting it all away, the ladders back on the van etc..

i was whacked after one house ...

i suppose when i get a rythmn i will be ok..

but when you mix and match alone to begin with its not very nice...

anyone else found this at the beginning? ???
Gazza.  I found it like you did at first.  Before I got a water supply set up, I was trying to conserve water by doing ground floor trad.
I do all by WFP now (except some doorways especially if a freeze up looks likely).
It's hard to explain but things just get easier in time.  I've been on a roll recently and it's like the problems that used to happen just don't seem to happen lately.  It's about getting into a routine.  If something irritates you for a while in your work, find a way around it.  Often it's just the little things.  Something I did a while back was so simple and obvious but it's been a great help.  All I did was to put a much longer piece of hose between van and reel (I take my reel out of the van).  Also, a flow control at the end of thew hosereel.  Those two things alone make work much easier for me.