This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob McKillop

Re: WFP scratched glass
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 09:07:05 pm »
DONT PAY - Let the customer feel how soft the brush is, tell her it has never happened to any of your 200 other customers, then give the option of continuing service or not. Don't worry about the outcome - I imagine that it would be virtually impossible to prove conclusively that it was your brush..I had that problem once with a customer, and once he felt the Vikan brush was happy enough and am still doing the house now.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 09:48:22 pm »
I had somthing similar several months ago (early Spring) but this customer claimed that I had scratch thier Up stairs sills. like you I felt the brick hit the pit of my stomach, but I smiled and bluffed.
"Its impossible for the brush to scrach because"
a) Its very soft with featherd end especially designed for the job
b) because there is a constant flow of water any gritty materials are washed away before the brush head reachs that section
c) Its quite possible that microscopic particles of dirt were in the scatches before and the pure water has leached the dirt out of the scratch.
     All this was put over with an air of I know what I'm talking about... and it worked (this time)
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

DaveBrown

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 01:50:25 pm »
I just tested this out on my own windows. I swept the drive with my vikan first and got loads of grit and sand on it then I washed my own windows scrubbing hard. There was absolutely nothing there, not a scratch.

Dave

kiral1404

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 04:34:24 pm »
I clean my friends parents' house been doing it about 5 months when he complained to my friend i'd scratched the windows.

I had a look sure enough it looked like a couple of scratches.
Leaning out the window and feeling it, it turned out to be a few slivers of mastic from a few years previous.
Pure water brings glass up cleaner than it ever was. On the downside it shows the imperfections up a lot more.
Her dad had never noticed these scratches before, any of you guys find this now you use wfp