This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

Pressure Washing
« on: November 04, 2006, 08:11:55 pm »
Hi folks.
Been in the pressure washing biz for a while now and was just curious really how others in this line of work are doing.  This year we have not really been that busy.  At the start of the year started doing a spot of window cleaning as a way of earning a few bob and that has now turned into our main source of income, got a van wfp system now.
We still have our fleet cleans (vans etc) and only last week we had a big drive to do but on the whole things have been a bit on the slow side. 

Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

TVCS

Re: Pressure Washing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:13:16 pm »
I guess you are all too busy to reply.  It must just be me then.

johnstanley

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 08:38:06 pm »
hi just starting drive cleaning business ( i know bad time of year to start) where are you based. i was a surveyer be for this but work dryed up is there money to be made at this and what else can i do cleaning wize
many thanks john

deanorfc

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 01:28:23 pm »
Me and my mate have just started the same kind of business, went knocking on doors on Friday and tonight we are leaving 8 prices for driveway cleaning.

If you can canvass it should be a great money earner.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »
This might be my first post on here anyway  :D, it has been a steady year so far.
Decking/wood side of things has now gone quite, but paving etc still going ok.

TVCS

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 08:31:10 pm »
Cheers for the replies guys. I am based in Worcestershire.
Since posting this thread I have picked up 2 patio cleans and a large drive.  Nothing, then 3 at once.
I concentrated my canvassing during spring and early summer with flyers and door knocking and I have advertised with a local homebase.  About £5 a week and they print all the flyers and stuff and have a big advertising board instore.  This is  all the advertising I have done recently and I managed to waste alot of money early on with ads in papers and the like.  I have got a few jobs from advertising in local parish magazines which is a good and cheap way to advertise.

Do you guys offer a sealing aswell as a cleaning service on slabs and blockpaving?  I don't.  I've never been asked to do so.  The way I see it is if you dont seal it you can re-clean it next year. Plus I have heard of a few nightmares with sealing drives etc which I suppose may have put me off.
Anyway.  Stay busy.
Ant
TVCS

Roger Oakley

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 08:38:18 pm »
Cheers for the replies guys. I am based in Worcestershire.
Since posting this thread I have picked up 2 patio cleans and a large drive.  Nothing, then 3 at once.
I concentrated my canvassing during spring and early summer with flyers and door knocking and I have advertised with a local homebase.  About £5 a week and they print all the flyers and stuff and have a big advertising board instore.  This is  all the advertising I have done recently and I managed to waste alot of money early on with ads in papers and the like.  I have got a few jobs from advertising in local parish magazines which is a good and cheap way to advertise.

Do you guys offer a sealing aswell as a cleaning service on slabs and blockpaving?  I don't.  I've never been asked to do so.  The way I see it is if you dont seal it you can re-clean it next year. Plus I have heard of a few nightmares with sealing drives etc which I suppose may have put me off.
Anyway.  Stay busy.
Ant
TVCS

Ant
Yes I do seal drives.
Have a look at my web-site to give you some idea of the work I do.

Roger