This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnstanley

chemical supplier
« on: October 25, 2006, 11:20:08 pm »
hi just seting a drive cleaning comp up has any one got any leads on chemical suppliers ie driveway cleaner oil cleaner stain remover rust remover ect many thanks john :)

ColinD

Re: chemical supplier
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 05:25:37 pm »
Three different products to ensure that you may have any type of success.

Firstly, the surface of the driveway, Porus, semi-porus, imperviouse.

To remove oil, use an emsulsifer. A chemical that will stabalise grease, fat or oil. Basically a good quality neutral detergent. It's how they controlled oil spillages from tankers that foundered of our coast. For the old ones like me, The Torrey Canyon of the Channel Isles is a prime example. But, as with any stain if it has permeated into the surface of whatever you area trying to clean, you have to go as deep or deeper to lift the stain.

There is no one correct answer, you are dealing with variables! British Nova have good web site. (No, I do not work for BN neither am I on commission)

www.britishnova.co.uk

The Old Fart!

Nils illegitimi carborundum

Ged

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:47:59 pm »
John

this is wrong time of year to be starting out. the season is april to september. what kit have you bought and who supplied it . this is all important don't worry about chems yet. is this an add on business cos unless you've got commercial work lined up you won't survive the winter months just doing domestics. pressure washing is hard dirty work but can be very lucrative if you have the willingness to go out and chase work. advertising alone will not cut it for a startup business you will need to go leafleting , door knocking, free demos etc as well. once you have the correct kit your supplier (if any good) will advise on techniques, chemicals etc. if yu supply more info on the forum you will get more replies.

Good luck

Ged

johnstanley

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 06:10:24 pm »
thanks colin / ged
intend to leaflet drop cold call have van whirl away 3400 psi prssure washer water tank if need be have to start now as just been layed off all your help very appreciated many thanks john

ColinD

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 06:16:24 pm »
Good Luck for the future!

Keep in touch.

johnstanley

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 04:38:13 pm »
did my first job things going ok but still need chemicals

ColinD

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:10:01 pm »
E-mail me, let me know what you are doing in terms of cleaning, surfaces, equipment, inside or external, location. Perhaps I could offer advice or put you in touch locally, with someone who could help you.

If you are really desperate call me on 07092 ColinD and I will call you back.