This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jan K

Cleaning plastic car interior
« on: October 21, 2006, 05:40:10 pm »
Could any of you suggest what is the best method to use for getting mud and dirty marks off plastic car interiors. They all seem to be fitted with some seld embossed pattern or other nowadays and the musd gets into the grain and is a killer to get off. I have tried the damp cloth and interior car cleaner system, also a soft toothbrush too, but all that happens is when it dries the dirt is back again.

Also the same goes for leather upholstery.

I don't wanna get to the stage where I can't be bothered to clean it just cos the marks won't come off easily

Cheers!

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

ValueValeting

Re: Cleaning plastic car interior
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:40:08 pm »
Autosmart G101 & a microfibre

G101 is a multi purpose cleaner/degreaser concentrate which can be used on pretty much most surfaces - plastics, engines, wheels & soft furnishings. Can be diluted down as far as you like.

www.autosmart.co.uk

Atlantic Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 07:40:53 pm »
Hi

Get in touch with Chemex they do a product called DB100 great for cleaning a dash the dirt just runs off. Ring them on 01215254040 and they will put you in touch with your local distributer......

Regards  Duncan

Jan K

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 11:15:23 pm »
thank you very much both :)

anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

keen2clean

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:36:24 am »
a roduct ive only ever seen for sale in halfords called muk off its the dogs mate

clifford

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:26:21 pm »
hi mate i use wd40 or baby oil on the bottom of chairs with mud on and it works a treat dont know if this helps ?

stains-away

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:41:51 pm »
Trafalgar do a heavy duty upholstery cleaner which can also be used on interior plastics, dilute it at its minimum ratio and brush in with a soft brush on plastics, brings them up a treat, about 11 quid plus the vat for 5 litres, Andy

Jan K

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 10:42:06 pm »
ta all, haven't got round to doing anything about it yet. my youngest daughter has a pony so we are spending are fair bit of time running backwards and forwards between house and field........the car is getting ever muckier inside, and i don't plan on cleaning it till its necessary :)