This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

pay pal
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:10:25 pm »
was thinking of starting this soon 
and is it a worth while setting up  and i dare say it is if they pay

steveaqua

Re: pay pal
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:12:30 pm »
i use this a lot but have set up a merchant account through our site so they don't have to have a paypal account and can use it straight forward with thier credit card.

I would 100% recommend it!

EasyClean

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 11:28:22 pm »
i use this a lot but have set up a merchant account through our site so they don't have to have a paypal account and can use it straight forward with thier credit card.

I would 100% recommend it!
I am interested in doing this also and was wondering if you have to pay any transaction fees on the debit/credit card transactions? How safe and secure is it? Also how do you monitor who has paid you each time a transaction is made?
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

steveaqua

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 11:35:32 pm »
you have to pay a % i thinks it around 2-4% better than most merchant machines and no outlay (machine rent). the way we have set it up is to have a shopping cart facility that links you straight in to paypal. is totally secure. once they have paid email confirmations come through plus once you log into paypal all previous transactions are there. its a cheap and easy merchant online solution. if you done it with out paypal your looking at a big initial outlay...i thinks its cracking!

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 11:39:43 pm »
I looked at it a while ago Just not got around to setting it up, but I found that "nocheque" was cheaper and faster.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

steveaqua

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:40:53 pm »
I looked at it a while ago Just not got around to setting it up, but I found that "nocheque" was cheaper and faster.

whats no cheque?

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 11:54:14 pm »
whats no cheque?

Works the same as Pay Pal and is spelt

www.nochex.com

blame the S/Comfort
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

steveaqua

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:56:48 pm »
hum interesting...I'll have a little look at it tomorrow, do you have a link at all?

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:58:06 pm »
put onto last post
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

steveaqua

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 12:01:18 am »
you edited that post didn't ya? either that or i'm going slightly mad ::)

I'll have a gander at it tomorrow, all i will say in paypals defence is that a lot of people have their accounts now and it is very quick to pay when they have this

DaveWilkinson

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 02:17:37 am »
If your used to ebay then you will know how popular paypal is, I also belive I have been told ebay own paypal, but still check it out, do some googeling as I do remember paypal has some tuff antifraud settings and have been known to put peoples accout on hold, nearly cost a few online retailers there business.

glenest

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 08:17:37 am »
I've been using paypal and Nochex for about 12 months now and find it very effective for getting payments in. They do take a small % for themselves but when you consider the time you save going back for money its well worth it.
 They send an email when payments are made so you know who has paid and I tend to forget about it till its built up into a nice little sum and comes as a bonus when I remember.
 Highly recommended and easy to set up.

www.gecscleaning.co.uk

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 10:54:38 am »
I use paypal as well as an option on the not home notes....thing is, I said on it, below 15 pounds, there is a 50p charge..... :)

I think that makes it even better, that way you don't have to worry about the ~50p fee that Paypal charges...works fantastic, people think WOW, paypal? this is professional lmao (no idea why they think that, but I always lol)