This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveaqua

Whats the most relaible van
« on: October 14, 2006, 07:47:57 pm »
I'm looking at new/used vans need a payload of about 1500kgs but was wondering what vans you have and what you found reliable or not reliable?

i've been looking at either a ford transit or nissan interstar at the moment. i like the vitos but can't get one as the payload isn't enough.

rugby

Re: Whats the most relaible van
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:26:47 pm »
The most reliable van i have ever had,and the cheapest to keep on the road is the transit,bullet proof engines and newer models dont suffer with rust like the old ones do.im useing a vauxhall movano MWB at the moment,great drive but you have to look after them a lot more,the engine wont take the same punishment as the tranny,and i dont think any other make van will.You realy cant go wrong with a transit and i wish i had bought a new one instead of the vauxhall.

steveaqua

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 08:58:25 pm »
yeah must admit i've just used transits in the past and they really don't cost any money to run or maintain. I really do like the look of the nissan though i think its the same as a renault traffic as well

simbo

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:03:56 pm »
anybody use transit connect or know the payload on them
simbo

steveaqua

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 09:06:16 pm »
transit connect are about 900kg. I have a few friends with them and they rave on about them, i think they look nice as well

simbo

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 09:13:04 pm »
cheers steve, they are the best looking van on theroad ia the moment, in my opinion am planning on getting one in jan and fitting a 400 ltr tank would go for a 600 but want some room for carpet cleaning eqpt, i think 99kg should do me fine
simbo

steveaqua

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:31 pm »
they are a nice van but i think i would rather the vito at that sort of money and payload. really nice drive the mercs

abacus

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 09:21:26 pm »
Hi
 the new ldv maxus is a good buy at £11000 new with bulkhead e/w 2.5t/d air con as extra safest in class and van of year not bad looking cheap and robust
a friend of mine has just got one on lease nice all round van worth a look

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

steveaqua

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 09:25:02 pm »
what i found with the ldv is the seats are rock hard, like sitting on a wooden bench! makes you arse num :o they are cheap and cheerful though so can't crumble at the price

master cleaner

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 09:58:01 pm »
there are different ford connect vans which range from a payload of 600-900kg make sure you buy the right van.

gary

steveaqua

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 10:16:34 pm »
it can be puzzling can't it? i've been looking at different vans and the payloads are all over the gaff, crazy!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 10:18:46 pm »
I don't even like vans, they're driven by gits, but the Transit Connect is a cool little machine. :)

steveaqua

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 10:20:49 pm »
so you drive one then squeaky ;D

pjulk

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 10:23:05 pm »
I have a transit and its a great van.
But the vw transporter is supposed to be a lot better i have some freinds with transporters and they swear by them and they also have bullet proof engines.

Paul

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 10:25:58 pm »
The Mercedes Sprinter is a great workhorse and its said that the engine is good for 1,000,000 miles

But when something does go wrong poo me its expensive  :o

Alistair

steveaqua

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 10:26:12 pm »
the transporter is a v.nice looking van, the latest shape anyway but again i think there payload is around 1000kg

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 07:53:24 am »
What about the Peugot Expert or the Fiat / Citron equivilents?
I like the idea that they have 3 seats in the front and there are a lot of them about so they must be doing something right?

By the way VW transporters are excellent. Hold their value better than most as well.

steveaqua

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 09:25:54 am »
Was looking at them before i decided with the transits last time but again i think they are only around 800-900kg payload, good point about the 3 seats though always comes in handy!

KJG

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 10:07:42 am »
Some of the most reliable vans I've had have been the Peugot engined models. Transits and Vitos are Ok but not too keen on the Vivaros. Nice looking but uncomfortable and don't seem to be able to take a lot of hammer.

abacus

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 12:23:27 pm »
Squeaky

sometimes you are such an ass

steveaqua  test drive the new ldv irts got a great driving position and seats are fine could save you a few thousand pounds

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved