Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S_RICHARDSON

Website
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:38:25 pm »
Which is the best place to upload a website? I need somewhere cheap and cheerful with no Ads. Only 1 or 2 pages long just to explain trad and wfp. Looks good on buasiness cards too

Re: Website
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 06:06:46 pm »
Are you talking about FTS (File Transfer Software) which you use to upload your website to your domain?

Are you talking about buying a domain name and getting a web host?

I've a domain name and a web host, but having problems with my FTS!

Specify man?

Also, if your website looks 'dodgy' in the least, it may serve a totally different purpose than what you intended.  Rather than make you look professional; it could make you look stooopid; so be careful.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 06:16:55 pm »
Just a further thought; if you don't understand what I mean in my first post, you maybe better off getting someone else to do it for you.

I think I'm going to go down that route, since I want a good website by next Spring; when I plan to mailshot local commercial premises again.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 06:44:40 pm »
Just a further thought; if you don't understand what I mean in my first post, you maybe better off getting someone else to do it for you.

I think I'm going to go down that route, since I want a good website by next Spring; when I plan to mailshot local commercial premises again.
There isn't any local commercial premises without window cleaners in town.

Between Ian, Simon, George and myself they've all got one.

Planning to steal our work? (again)

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 07:37:59 pm »
Oh Roger (Squeaks), such cutting remarks!

Look, if you're as good as you say, you've nothing to fear from a newbie such as I!

And Rog, I can't think of any of your accounts that I'd want anyway.  I'm not after the 'crumbs'!

Regards

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 07:43:37 pm »
Planning to steal our work? (again)

;D

The Tradegar Arms (which Squeaks is referring too here) has lead to me getting two good days work in shirenewton; and they are GOOD.

I clean a millionaires house; amongst others.  My smallest clean there is the Spar Shop (and house) at 12 quid a fortnight.  Easy peasy with WFP.

Thank you, but I didn't steal this account from you.  I was just asked to quote, and since I was nearly double your price (8 quid) and I charge them 15 quid a fortnight; I think I did well.

What do you think that says about you?  I also didn't know you were the window cleaner when we quoted and first cleaned.

Anyway, where's my congratulations?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 07:48:27 pm »
And Rog, I can't think of any of your accounts that I'd want anyway.  I'm not after the 'crumbs'!
£1 per minute shops.....crumbs! you wish. ;)

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:24 pm »
Yawn!

P®oPole™

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 08:02:51 pm »
Not being funny fellas but shops are small change, I personally dont touch them although I have had a fair few.

£1 a min doesnt work out, only if you have a whole town of them, by the time you get your gear out clean them then get paid it just isnt enough to make it worth while for me anyway.

I used to have a domino's pizza they wanted it done twice a week, monday and friday at 11.30 lol ;D ;D a pub I had expected me to be there at 1pm every month then after a while I had to move tropheys take net curtains down etc, bye bye. I hated cleaning the insides anyway and what happend to my free lemonade stop getting that after the first few times TIGHT GITS. a dry cleaners I did had a serouis problem of steam on the windows soon as you blade it its steamed again nightmare to detail >:( A clothes shop had so much stuff in the window, say no more.

I didnt mind them when starting out but now I would turn my nose up at any shop, they want it done at crap prices which you will strugle to raise. I much rather large commercial, go to one place crack on and get home down side is waiting a month or longer to get paid!!

ProPole

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 08:08:11 pm »
Propole,

Exactly!  I couldn't be bothered to explain it all.  Squeaks is just bragging, but he can't do more than eight shops in our town centre; since they're all taken by Ian_Giles and another window cleaner.

I only do a 15 quid restaraunt, and a 25 pound solicitors.

However, at one point or other, I've cleaned just about every shop in our town centre, since I've covered both Ian and the other window cleaner when they've went away on holiday.  (I'm about to do it again)

To make money from these jobs, you need a good close wadge of them.

Squeaks doesn't have this.

He just feels threatened and is slagging me.

P®oPole™

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 08:16:28 pm »
Lol Tosh  ;D ;D

I rember reading once reading about that pub that asked you to quote, were they not happy with squeakys standard then, or maybe they were impressed with your wfp.

Them prices dont seem that bad, I probably would still quote a shop however it would have to be priced accordingly and on my run.

Hasnt squeaky ever asked to have a go with yours or Ians system, he dosent know what hes missing does he ;D HE HANST LIVED YET.

ProPole

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 08:52:27 pm »
To make money from these jobs, you need a good close wadge of them.

Squeaks doesn't have this.

He just feels threatened and is slagging me.
Shows how much you know then Tosh.

Actually I've got 10 close-knit weekly shops, and one which is every other week.
I would have at least 3 more due to complaints about WFP, but I know the people who do them.

£47 from out of car to back again, and it's less than an hour.

I suppose all your domestics are worth far more ::)

Lol Tosh  ;D ;D
Hasnt squeaky ever asked to have a go with yours or Ians system, he dosent know what hes missing does he ;D HE HANST LIVED YET.
You'd never get anywhere near me on shops with WFP. ;)
All that moving the van about would add loads of time.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 08:59:13 pm »
I love a good bite!

But since I gave Squeeks one of his first shops in Chepstow, I wonder who he STOLE the rest from?

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 09:10:49 pm »
Is anyone going to answer my question:
Where is the best site to upload my site with a domain and host option for cheap?

steveaqua

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 09:12:00 pm »
webfushion.com £5.99 a month. very cheap and very good support

P®oPole™

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 09:25:07 pm »

I wouldnt wfp any standard shop, it would have to be worthy of wfp gerogian etc.

Squeaky why dont you ask for a system this year for christmas, I bet secretly you want one.

ProPole

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 09:29:35 pm »
Where is the best site to upload my site with a domain and host option for cheap?

I've had an 'e-commerce guru' round my house for a chat.  It was part of a Welsh Assembly initiative and this 'visit' would normally have cost me 400 quid.

Anyway, this guy recommended this site, which is where I purchased my domain name:

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/?GCID=S13274x054-name&keyword=123-reg

I hope this helps, and I apologise for us Chepstow window cleaners doing the female doggy thing.

If and when I get my scanner to work, I may publish the 20 page report he wrote, since it's applicable to any window cleaner who wants a web-site.

It's good.

steveaqua

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 09:31:36 pm »

I've had an 'e-commerce guru' round my house for a chat.  It was part of a Welsh Assembly initiative and this 'visit' would normally have cost me 400 quid.

Anyway, this guy recommended this site, which is where I purchased my domain name:

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/?GCID=S13274x054-name&keyword=123-reg

I hope this helps, and I apologise for us Chepstow window cleaners doing the female doggy thing.

If and when I get my scanner to work, I may publish the 20 page report he wrote, since it's applicable to any window cleaner who wants a web-site.

It's good.

That is the same company as webfusion, they are good