This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Speed limits for larger vans
« on: October 13, 2006, 06:42:42 am »
This isn't directly a window cleaning issue but I thought it ought to go in this section in order to catch the readers' eyes more easily.
Looking at the following page :-
http://www.vansdirect.net/custom.aspx?id=8

it appears that any goods vehicle over 2 tonnes gross vehicle weight has an extra speed restriction once you get to onto a road where the speed limit is normally 60 MPH.

It may be that everyone was aware of this except me but I somehow doubt it.  It's unlikely that a transgression would be picked up by a GATSO camera as they are generally set up to detect just speed but just be careful on other roads.  The main differences are on 60 MPH roads where there is one lane each way. a vanof 2+ tonnes is restricted to 50 MPH.  Also, on 70 MPH dual carriageways, a 2+ tonne van is again restricted to 60 MPH.  For motorways the speed limit is the same as a car.
I was very surprised to read this stuff as I had always believed that extra speed restrictions only applied to goods vehicles over 7.5 tonne GVW.
Posted to another forum too.