Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Vans - lease? Purchase?
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:32:52 pm »
Ian Giles (Oh greatest one with a new van! :)), and others, please advise as to whether to buy or lease, new or secondhand.

And where to get one?

Ta very much.
It's a game of three halves!

geefree

Re: Vans - lease? Purchase?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:39:10 pm »
Hi Malc

i think tosh posted lots of info re. vans... type it in search... about a month ago i think.

Trademark WC

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 09:42:30 pm »
I'm pretty sure that lease is only a benefical option if you are VAT registered as repayments can be 100% taxable. I'm not certain so would have to check it out.

It also depends on the way in which you have set your company up and also the scale to which you work and your initial investment.

If your looking at big business then its best to have everything on finance so if the business fails you can just go bankrupt and hand it all back !!

There are so many variables its a joke, I'm afraid you need taylored advice for your individual situation, so on that basis I would go speak to your accountant or the lease guy's and decide which is the right path for you.

Rob

freshwater

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 09:56:48 pm »
Go and see your accountant about the cost & benefits of lease or purchase get him write it all down for on a year by year basis, don’t listen to van sales men. First you need to decide the pros & cons of new and used. Then start thinking about how you finance it. There are many pitfalls to a lease and there are many pus points, that same goes for buying outright. You could be spending £10 to £20,000 its a lot of cash. Take everything you read on this forum with a pinch of salt, every one has the own personal preferences and financial circumstances, and with the greatest respect to all the members of this forum I don’t think many of them are financial experts. Go see your accountant.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 10:22:58 pm »
Hi Malc

i think tosh posted lots of info re. vans... type it in search... about a month ago i think.

Not me!

Pj

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 10:34:23 pm »
Yes seek expert advice, but I think you'll find there is no difference over a 5 year period.
As long as you start with the right deal, there is little to gain either way.

Extremeclean

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 10:39:13 pm »
Go and see your accountant about the cost & benefits of lease or purchase get him write it all down for on a year by year basis, don’t listen to van sales men. First you need to decide the pros & cons of new and used. Then start thinking about how you finance it. There are many pitfalls to a lease and there are many pus points, that same goes for buying outright. You could be spending £10 to £20,000 its a lot of cash. Take everything you read on this forum with a pinch of salt, every one has the own personal preferences and financial circumstances, and with the greatest respect to all the members of this forum I don’t think many of them are financial experts. Go see your accountant.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

Very good advice. With one reservation.  Many accountants have lets just say associations with finance companies and the like.

If you have the cashflow available one of your best bets is to go to one of the large auction houses where they sell off the ex contract hire vans. They are usually very well maintained etc.  Take someone with you who knows what to look for though. Set your budget for any vehicle you fancy and dont get carried away with the bidding if it goes over your top figure.

neil100

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 10:53:24 pm »
If you can afford it, buy new.

If you have to borrow the money I would buy a nearly new van.

Then again it all depends on size of tank, weather you work by yourself or with some one else.

My sons thinking of a van cos the insurance is cheaper then getting an estate car. I have searched the web today and my son has test driven the van I recommended, and I have a great deal lined up. Do you want to know which van? And how much?

Nel.

Extremeclean

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 11:03:05 pm »
Yes please Nel.

I am in the market for a van or three right now.

It does my head in buying new vehicles. I always buy them then find I could have got them for a pound cheaper somewhere else :(

neil100

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 11:32:44 pm »
Ok,

This van suits my son pefectly, The price of insurance on a car is obscene for him but the insurance for the van is about £1500 fully comp for him, hes only 18 but compared to a car thats very good indeed.

The van is a Fiat Doblo 1.3D multijet. Payload is about 700kg from memmory. Price on the net is £5990.00 + vat. The special offer only lasts till the vans are sold that they have in stock. But its about £500 cheaper then any one else. Does this van intrest you? If not I will not put the web address down.

Nel.

Extremeclean

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 11:46:44 pm »
Well met Nel!!!

Its the Doblo I have been looking at. Loads of space and good payload .. Ugly as sin though but can look very good signwritten.

I would apreciate a link to the deal you are mentioning Nel. 

Many thanks in advance.

Rich.    << name not a description of wealth  :(

P.S. you can always email it to me.  Email in my profile.

neil100

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 12:04:26 am »
Here we go Rich, Dont hang about though if you want one at this price because they wont be there long.

http://www.vansdirect.net/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=8777

Regards Nel.

That includes free delivery as well.

The only other payment is for the regestration fee anr road tax. £208.00 alltogether I think.

Let me know if you buy one.

Nel.

Extremeclean

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 12:24:38 am »
Many thanks nell.

You are a star!!  :)

One thing to try.  Take a print off of this deal and pop to your local dealer with it in your hand. Tell them if they can beat it you will buy there and then.

I did this with a couple of larger vans I bought a few months ago. They matched the price and threw in ply lining.  I wil do this tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Rich.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 12:50:37 am »
Wow!

That is really ugly.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:04 pm »
Thanks guys!
It's a game of three halves!

neil100

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 09:17:20 pm »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Squeaks.

I honestly beleive that their is a hidden Beauty in something thats ugly.

I mean some girls are ugly, just plain darn ugly. But sometmes I can see The beauty in a girl who you would call ugly.

The Doblo van is a good example. It does look ugly, but the more I look at it I start to think, No hang on a minute Its a bit of a looker.

Its good drive and is nice to sit in, And wow is it econmical.

Nel.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 10:00:00 pm »
Ah, maybe you're right.

But it's a Fiat, and that means the electrics will go haywire soon anyway.

My missus's '99 Punto has had lots of electrical problems, and her parents have had a few, and they've all been the same too. :o

Shocking wiring. ;D