This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

Anyone clean Skegness?
« on: October 11, 2006, 07:45:27 pm »
I know i've asked this before and have had a bit of info from the boston lads and south lincs but still yet spoke to anyone who window cleans in skeggy itself. I'm moving out that way after xmas and am getting as much info as poss to give me a good start etc. Anyone got any info on skeggy? Much work? Prices? work for sale? Someone must clean it if not im laughing! No seriously theres alot of commerical work b&bs, shops etc and afew large housing estates. ??? Its a bit scary starting from scratch again so any help will earn a few jars!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

geefree

Re: Anyone clean Skegness?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:37:11 pm »
Hi,

i am sure a large town like skegness will have its share of window cleaners, even if they are not on here.....

I may be a novice but i know of plenty of w/c where i live , and only 2 on here.. (including me)...

Why dont you have a drive over for a day, knock on some doors, post some leaflets... for a full day...

Just to see the response..

but i think really, .. as in any other town , you will have the same pretty good chance of building a round in skegness.....

As you would in any other town...

but hey, you never know..

best of luck to you as well. ;)

Gary.

tatman

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:25:53 pm »
good advice gary cheers ;)

MNWC

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 06:27:23 pm »
Hi
Look for a member called     D.Salkeld_Ltd.
He comes from louth  he might know
Failing that have you tried yell.com
For window cleaners in skeg????

Marcus.

scrimit2

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:25:17 pm »
I live fairly close to Skeg, it has plenty of window cleaners but no more than anywhere else, I dont personally do any work there, but with all the guest houses acades etc I dont think you will have any problems.

tatman

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 07:45:29 pm »
Where are you scrimit2? What are the prices like up that far? 3 bed semi?, shop window etc. Also have you ever heard of any work for sale in skegness? Thanks for the interest lads. And cheers again marcus yea no cleaners in skeg on yell.com. Plenty around lincs though. ???

tatman

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:43:01 am »
 ;D

geefree

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 09:58:43 am »
get in there tat... loadsamoney. ;D

MNWC

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 04:20:32 pm »
Tat
have you heard about a firm called doornockers
They will get you the work where you want it

Just a thought......

Marcus

scrimit2

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 08:03:43 pm »
Where are you scrimit2? What are the prices like up that far? 3 bed semi?, shop window etc. Also have you ever heard of any work for sale in skegness? Thanks for the interest lads. And cheers again marcus yea no cleaners in skeg on yell.com. Plenty around lincs though. ???

Hello mate, Im based at spilsby which is around 10 miles from skeg, prices really do vary, but i think £5 for a 3 bed ex council house is about average around here, possibly you could get £6,

I will keep listening for any work for sale for you, someone has just sold a round locally that earnt £1500 for 8 days work, I think that was well price work for this area, but it proves good money can be earnt.

there are quite a few window cleaners in the area, but there is easily enough work for everyone , the possible reason for no window cleaners listed on yell is that most of us get the work by word of mouth.

good luck and please get in touch if i can help in any way.

Scrimit2

geefree

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 10:37:41 am »
and no one looks on there  ;D

marc al

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 08:44:39 pm »
   My stepdaughter lived in Skeggy until a fortnight ago, when I went to help her move I went in the back end of Skeg (past the stock car stadium and Butlins) and noticed 3 signs for new estates being built.

There are also a massive amount of static caravans that are close to the sea and must need cleaning pretty regularly, think you will be able to find pleny of work.

Marc

tatman

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 04:36:29 pm »
Yea cheers scimit thanks for the info just got back from skeggy today ;D Yea i know splilsby. ;D