This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Nosey neighbours
« on: October 11, 2006, 02:56:27 pm »
hi, been wfp now 5 weeks using freedom trolley.
My set up is at my parents house as i live in flat.
I have a 640 ibc tank in their garage, submersible pump to fill barrells(10).
my concern was the neighbours one of them opposite my parents place keeps appearing in his front garden opposite watching me load barrels into van.
As it's a shared drive and garage at the bottom, the only alternative is to pump water through hose into barrels in van. can't drive into garage.

Basically can I get grassed up for using too much water 200 litres a day.
 I spoke to Phil hanson of proff window mag and he said that i should declare to thames water what I'm doing and they probably wouldn't bother me, just don't want my parents put on water metre.
  any views on  this anyone?
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

ronaldo

Re: Nosey neighbours
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:11:42 pm »
Go and talk to the neighbour and explain what your doing and offer to clean his windows for him.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:18:54 pm »
hi, been wfp now 5 weeks using freedom trolley.
My set up is at my parents house as i live in flat.
I have a 640 ibc tank in their garage, submersible pump to fill barrells(10).
my concern was the neighbours one of them opposite my parents place keeps appearing in his front garden opposite watching me load barrels into van.
As it's a shared drive and garage at the bottom, the only alternative is to pump water through hose into barrels in van. can't drive into garage.

Basically can I get grassed up for using too much water 200 litres a day.
 I spoke to Phil hanson of proff window mag and he said that i should declare to thames water what I'm doing and they probably wouldn't bother me, just don't want my parents put on water metre.
  any views on  this anyone?

Technically, I don't think you're meant to use domestic supply for commercial use  However, nearly all window cleaners do so even if it's only to fill their buckets.  The extra possible problem that you may have is the RO unit in the garage (presumably).  If there is an RO unit then it's supposed to be declared.  I suppose it hinges on whether or not you think that Mr Nosey will snitch on you.  Using some form of hose to fill the barrels would probably make the situation worse even though the other end isn't connected to a tap.  Mr Nosey would possibly assume that it WAS connected to a tap.
My choice would be to continue.  If Thames Water start asking questions, you could always move it.  Apart from this, whose to say that it's water in the barrels anyway.  It might be home made beer or a cleaning agent.
Have you considered waving to him?   ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:52:37 pm »
My understanding is that you do not have to declare an R/O unit unless it is plumbed in. Connecting it to an outside tap with a hose and threaded connector which can easily be removed (even if it's in a garage) isn't plumbed in.
It's a game of three halves!

geefree

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 09:29:37 pm »
they dont seem to care when they jump into their nice cars and take it to a car wash, and pay a fiver for all that lovely water flowing down the drain. >:(

so cant see a prob really... ask them if their  cars want cleaning half price..... or would they prefer a car wash to waste water.... and money.

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:40:25 am »
thanks everyone your views, good point about the hose pipe i'd never thought of that one (hose pipe ban etc.) just glad thames water never carried through drought order.

I do say good morning when i see him ;D.(mr nosey)
cheers Lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle